Madonna’s plans to adopt Malawian baby girl in doubtNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:48 am ICT by admin
Mr Ngalande told British newspaper The People that not only was he against Mercy being taken away from her family in Malawi, but that he also didn’t want her being adopted by a white person, even if it wasn’t Madonna.
“We were told when Mercy went into the orphanage that we would be in constant contact with her and that she would come back to us after six years. I would like to stick to that. Whether it be Madonna or any other white person, I’m against our child being taken away,” Contactmusic quoted him, as telling the paper.
“I would rather we be poor and struggling with Mercy, than for her to go and live with a big white star far away,” he added.
Brit paper The Sun had revealed that the singer was planning on adding another member to the family next April, but due the controversy caused by Madonna’s adoption of toddler David Banda, she had told her lawyer in Malawi, Alan Chinula, to “cover all legal bases” this time. (ANI)
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- Mercy's family may sue Madonna - Feb 06, 2011
- Madonna's school coming up fast in Malawi - Jan 10, 2010
- Madonna 'vows to adopt Malawian tot' - Apr 08, 2009
- Madonna to open an orphanage - Jun 30, 2011
- 'Ecstatic' Madonna wins second Malawi adoption case - Jun 13, 2009
- Madonna's Malawian daughter forgets native language - Oct 28, 2009
- Madge's adopted daughter Mercy's granny says orphanage was to return the girl to family - Jun 28, 2009
- Mercy's granny never wanted to give her to Madonna permanently - Jun 29, 2009
- Madges plans to adopt Malawian girl in jeopardy - Aug 18, 2008
- Madonna urged to leave Malawi orphan alone - Mar 29, 2009
- Madonna's lawyers 'hopeful' adoption appeal would succeed - May 05, 2009
- Madge won't allow Malawian dad to meet adopted daughter Mercy - Aug 30, 2010
- Malawian girl's father speaks out against Madonna - May 03, 2009
- Madonna 'headed to Malawi for tot No2' - Mar 27, 2009