Madonna’s new gym gets green light to remain openDecember 3rd, 2010 - 3:46 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 3 (ANI): Singer Madonna’s new Hard Candy Fitness gym in Mexico City has been allowed to remain open after proper permits were submitted.
The gym almost faced being axed after Demetrio Sodi, the chief of the municipality where the gym is located, said the facility lacked the proper permits.
“If they don’t have a land use permit, they will not be able to operate,” the New York Daily News quoted him as having told Spanish language television station Televisa.
But later that same day, authorities said the missing documents have been provided.
The gym, the first of at least 10 the singer plans to open worldwide, had a formal launch, where Madonna participated in a ribbon-cutting ceremony and led a dance class for members.
The pop icon chose Mexico City as the first location “as a place to fine-tune our brand and then expand it to other countries and, in the long term, develop a global brand that includes the United States”. (ANI)
- Madge open her first gym in Mexico City - Dec 01, 2010
- Madonna to launch fitness chain - Oct 26, 2010
- Madonna to open gym chain around the world - Oct 27, 2010
- Madonna's gym plan a way of getting back at former fitness trainer? - Nov 15, 2010
- AirAsia boss confirms he's in business talks with Madonna - Jan 09, 2011
- Madonna All Set To Open Hard Candy Fitness Centers - Oct 26, 2010
- Madonna to open 'Hard Candy Fitness Center' in Mexico City soon - Oct 27, 2010
- Madonna Launches Her Own Fitness Centers - Oct 26, 2010
- Spanish singer a judge on Mexican TV competition - Aug 10, 2011
- Mexico City closes world's largest trash dump - Dec 20, 2011
- QVC celebrates a grand NYFW - Oct 08, 2010
- Ex-trainer slams Madge for opening her own gym - Jan 19, 2011
- Madonna's impersonator to tour India - Jul 30, 2012
- 26 bodies found inside three vehicles in Mexico - Nov 25, 2011
- Mexican governor's nephew slain - Nov 12, 2011
Tags: authorities, dance class, demetrio sodi, fine tune, fitness gym, global brand, hard candy, launch, mexico city, municipality, new york daily news, new york dec, pop icon, ribbon cutting ceremony, singer madonna, spanish language television, televisa, television station, united states, york daily news