Madonna’’s ”Material World” to go on display in UKFebruary 21st, 2009 - 12:46 pm ICT by ANI
London, February 21 (ANI): Clothes that have wrapped Madonna during her 25-year-old career are set for public to view in a London exhibition.
The ”Simply Madonna: Materials From The Girl” will feature more than 300 personal items such as clothing, photographs, props, costumes, and outfits from her major performances, concerts and films.
The collection will also unveil her costumes from movies ”Evita” and ”In a League of Her Own” along with her pink dress worn in the video for ”Material Girl” and the black-and-gold tasselled bustier worn in the video for ”Open Your Heart”.
“This is an unprecedented collection of Madonna memorabilia, that represents every stage of her glittering career,” the Telegraph quoted exhibition curator Ted Owen as saying.
“These are museum-quality pieces - but they will be presented in-keeping with the glamour and sense of theatre that the queen of pop has made her trademark - and Madonna fans should be very excited indeed,” Owen added.
The exhibition is being held at London’’s Old Truman Brewery until March 22. (ANI)
- Madonna's personel items to go on display - Feb 21, 2009
- Houston's memorabilia fetches $80,000 - Apr 02, 2012
- Madonna's corset sold for 45,000 pounds - Oct 27, 2011
- Georgia May Jagger to lead Material Girl campaign - May 24, 2012
- Madonna launches hunt for new face of 'Material Girl' clothing line - Jan 12, 2011
- Osian back with second mega auction of movie art - Jul 11, 2012
- Lady Gaga looks like Madonna with sculpted bustier, high blond ponytail - Feb 15, 2011
- Madonna searching for a model - Jan 12, 2011
- Osbourne to front Madonna's clothing line? - Jan 24, 2011
- Kissing Madonna was good: Minaj - Dec 10, 2011
- Osbourne want to launch her own fashion line - Aug 25, 2011
- Madonna to expand teen clothing range - Sep 28, 2010
- Madonna sued over clothing range - Aug 20, 2010
- Madonna's clothing line extension of her daughter's style - Jun 24, 2010
- Madonna teams up with Minaj for new single - Oct 29, 2011
Tags: concerts, costumes, evita, exhibition curator, glamour, london exhibition, madonna fans, madonna memorabilia, material girl, material world, museum quality pieces, old truman brewery, open your heart, pink dress, props, queen of pop, ted owen, telegraph, uk london, unprecedented collection