Madonnas great fall at Rio concertDecember 17th, 2008 - 1:39 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, December 17 (ANI): Madonna, who is currently trotting the globe for her Sticky and Sweet tour, slipped and fell onto her back during a performance in Rio De Janeiro.
The Queen of Pop, however, continued to sing at the Maracana Stadium packed with thousands of fans who had come to see their favourite star perform.
The Material Girl hitmaker had been quick on her toes as she turned around her fall into a dance move, throwing her legs into the air to jump back onto her feet, reports Contactmusic.
Madonna is scheduled to wrap up her tour in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on December 21.
The singer recently settled for a divorce payout for up to 92 million dollars, according to her spokeswoman, after the warring couple had been granted a preliminary divorce in November that ended their eight-year marriage. (ANI)
- Winehouse to stage concerts in Brazil - Nov 19, 2010
- Sao Paulo secures lead of state championship - Mar 30, 2012
- FIFA announces Confederation Cup venues - Oct 21, 2011
- Maracana will be ready for 2014 World Cup - Apr 11, 2012
- I was a bad singer when I started out: Julio Iglesias - Oct 10, 2011
- Winehouse ready for comeback - Jan 07, 2011
- Fabiano enters Sao Paulo's injury list - Jan 30, 2012
- Sao Paulo win thriller against Santos - Mar 19, 2012
- Corinthians to play Emelec without center-back Marquinhos - May 01, 2012
- Maracana World Cup final stadium to open to public - Apr 03, 2012
- Neymar-inspired Santos draw first blood in final - May 07, 2012
- Brazilian masterminds art thefts from behind bars - Jul 17, 2012
- Santos reach Sao Paulo state championship final - Apr 30, 2012
- Luis Fabiano's regret revealed - Mar 25, 2012
- Sao Paulo's ace keeper undergoes surgery - Jan 28, 2012
Tags: contactmusic, dance move, december 17, divorce, globe, hitmaker, legs, madonna, maracana stadium, marriage, material girl, million dollars, queen of pop, rio de janeiro, sao paulo brazil, spokeswoman, toes