Madonnas “cancelled Christmas” remains cancelledDecember 17th, 2007 - 3:30 pm ICT by admin
Melbourne, Dec 17 (ANI): There wont be carols, turkey or a multitude of gifts at the Madonna-Guy Ritchie household this Christmas, for the couple cancelled the festival two years ago.
Ritchie recently revealed that the family had “cancelled Christmas” a couple of years ago.
This means that while their kids Lourdes, 11, Rocco, 7, and David, 2, will only be getting three gifts each, he and Madge will not be exchanging any gifts.
The only time they will be giving each other presents, is during their anniversary on December 22.
The no-Christmas rule is not only because of the couples strict Kabbalah faith, but also because Madge feels that Xmas has become too commercialised. Thats the reason why there wont be loads of gifts under the tree.
However, Ritchie insists that the kids are happy with their gifts.
“As long as the kids get three presents at Christmas, everyone’s happy,” News.com.au quoted him, as saying.
Also missing from the Ritchie household will be the traditional Christmas dinner or lunch. The turkey and stuffing will instead be replaced by low-fat, macrobiotic feast prepared by the chef that will be based on grains - such as quinoa - and vegetables.
There will be a small amount of unsalted meat for the children and for Ritchie though.
“They entertain beautifully, but it isn’t what you would call conventional,” the website quoted a friend, as saying.
“A housekeeper will set out a great big table covered in stuff, all macrobiotic, which no one dares eat unless Madonna tucks in. They’re all terrified of her,” the pal added. (ANI)
- Guy to spend Christmas with Madonna, kids - Dec 13, 2010
- Madonna plays Santa for Malawi orphans - Dec 28, 2010
- Madonna, Ritchie to reunite for Christmas - Dec 21, 2009
- Madonna invokes Kabbalah to prevent Guy from giving kids Christmas celebration - Oct 22, 2008
- Sibling rivalry between Madonna's kids! - Jun 12, 2012
- Madonna plans to move back to Britain - Oct 11, 2010
- Madonna struggles being single mom - Mar 11, 2012
- Guy Ritchie's new girl plays 'mum' to Madonna's sons on night out - Aug 22, 2010
- Guy Ritchie 'circumcised to comply with ex-wife Madge's Kabbalah beliefs' - May 05, 2011
- Guy Ritchie's girlfriend pregnant again? - Jul 19, 2012
- Guy Ritchie, Ainsley expecting a boy? - Jun 10, 2011
- Madonna takes adopted daughter Mercy to Kabbalah meeting - Jul 06, 2009
- Madonna to marry 22-year-old beau? - May 15, 2009
- Will intimate Madonna-Ritchie divorce details be aired in public? - Feb 21, 2009
- Madonna's children take appointment to meet mom - Aug 27, 2010
Tags: anniversary, christmas rule, couples, feast, grains, guy ritchie, happy news, household, housekeeper, madonna guy ritchie, melbourne, multitude, news com au, quinoa, rocco, three gifts, traditional christmas dinner, tucks, vegetables, xmas