Madonna’s adoption bid gets another blowApril 30th, 2009 - 6:14 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 30 (ANI): Giving a devastating blow to Madonna’s bid to adopt Malawian orphan Mercy James, the child’s father has come out in open to ask for full custody of his little girl.
The Queen of Pop wanted to become mum to the four-year-old girl, but all her hopes were shattered when a court in the country’s capital Lilongwe turned down her request for an interim adoption.
However, Madonna appealed the decision and an African court hearing is scheduled for May 4.
But, now the Material Girl’s hopes of the ruling being overturned could go down the drain, because now Mercy’s biological father James Kambewa has launched a bid to get his daughter back.
And he has targeted the 50-year-old singer, branding her “scandalous” and calling her failed marriage to Guy Ritchie and subsequent relationship with toyboy lover Jesus Luz, 22, an indication of a lack of “good morals”.
“She is my daughter; she is my blood; she needs parental love. She is not an orphan. She lost one parent, yes, but I am still alive and so she is not an orphan,” Contactmusic quoted Kambewa as telling Britain’s Daily Mail newspaper.
He added: “Madonna has millions of dollars but that doesn’t make her a good mum. Parental love is more than money. Besides, I don’t think Madonna is a model mum. I have seen her in movies of her songs. She doesn’t portray good morals.
“How can a woman of 50 dance almost naked on stage? I wouldn’t want my daughter to grow up like that! In Malawi women respect themselves. Cultured women do not go about half-naked.
“I also heard after her marriage failed she is already seeing two men, both very younger than her and her ex-husband. I hear one of them is even less than half her age. That’s scandalous. How can a normal woman fall for a boy who can as well be her son? No, spare my Mercy that scandal.”
Kambewa has also enlisted the help of the Human Rights Consultative Committee (HRCC) to acquire a lawyer to fight on his behalf.
In a letter to the organisation he wrote: “I have learnt that an American-musician called Madonna has applied to a court for the adoption of the kid, to which the grandmother has consented. However, I do not consent to the adoption because I feel I am capable of raising the child.” (ANI)
- Madge won't allow Malawian dad to meet adopted daughter Mercy - Aug 30, 2010
- Madge's adopted daughter's father wants pictures of girl - Aug 09, 2010
- Madonna wants to be tougher parent - Apr 19, 2012
- Father of Madonna's Mercy upset after missing meeting with daughter - Apr 08, 2010
- Malawian girl's father speaks out against Madonna - May 03, 2009
- Madonna lacks good morals, says Malawi girl's father - Apr 30, 2009
- Mercy's family may sue Madonna - Feb 06, 2011
- Madonna 'snubs' adopted kids' families in Malawi - Nov 01, 2009
- Madge's adopted daughter Mercy's granny says orphanage was to return the girl to family - Jun 28, 2009
- Mercy's granny never wanted to give her to Madonna permanently - Jun 29, 2009
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- Madonna plans Malawi trip to 'reunite Mercy with her biological family' - Mar 30, 2010
- Malawians split over court 'no' to Madonna adoption (Lead) - Apr 04, 2009
- Madonna to open an orphanage - Jun 30, 2011
- 'Ecstatic' Madonna wins second Malawi adoption case - Jun 13, 2009
Tags: biological father, capital lilongwe, court hearing, daily mail, four year old girl, full custody, good morals, guy ritchie, human rights consultative committee, little girl, lost one, madonna, malawi women, material girl, mercy james, more than money, naked on stage, queen of pop, scandal, woman fall