Madonna wishes daughter would ‘dress more conservatively’March 31st, 2010 - 10:07 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
March 31, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Pop icon Madonna, who is known to be very eccentric when it comes to her fashion sense, ironically wants her teenaged daughter Lourdes to dress more conservatively.
She expresses that it’s in Lourdes’ DNA to be like her mother. So no matter what she said to her daughter about how to dress, it wouldn’t matter.
Later this year, the 51-year-old singer and her 13-year-old daughter will be launching a clothesline, Material Girl, which will be aimed at teenage girls.
Madonna wishes her daughter would dress more conservatively, despite her own reputation for being rather outlandish when it comes to fashion. She also thinks her daughter is a lot more stylish than she is.
The pop star states that she is very boring but her daughter (nicknamed Lola) goes out and tries different things and reminds her of the way she used to be back when she was younger. But even though Lourdes tries different things, she doesn’t seem like she thinks too hard about doing so, the singer remarked, which is exactly how she was too.
She spoke about how when she did the same things, people would comment on the way she looked and that made her more self-conscious over the years and she started to plan things out more and judge herself.
Madonna admits that Lourdes had been bothering her about designing clothes for very long now, which eventually culminated in them starting a clothing line. The singer’s good friend, Stella McCartney, apparently got Lourdes into thinking that way, by giving her fabrics and sketch books, inviting her to the showroom and asking for her opinion on things. It was Stella who pushed her and got her thinking.
Madonna’s friendship with designers like Gaultier and Dolce and Gabbana and Lourdes’ presence on all the campaigns has also had an influence on the teen’s mind. In the last two tours that Madonna did, Lourdes worked in the wardrobe department and in the most recent tour, she dressed the dancers.
She concluded that it was good because Lourdes had a good taste in fashion and she rarely disagreed with her over her choices.
- Madonna wants daughter to 'dress more conservatively' - Mar 31, 2010
- Madonna wants her daughter Lourdes to dress more conservatively - Mar 31, 2010
- Kelly Osbourne To Soon Endorse Madonna ‘s Clothing Line - Jan 25, 2011
- Madonna is upset with her daughter Lourdes' hair - Aug 03, 2012
- Madonna upset with daughter's hair - Aug 03, 2012
- Madge wears daughter Lourdes' clothes without asking - Feb 24, 2011
- Madonna Doesn't Interfere With Her Daughter's Style Satatement - Mar 31, 2010
- Osbourne is a girly tomboy - Mar 17, 2011
- Swimwear of Madonna - Sep 30, 2010
- Madonna still angry with daughter over smoking - Apr 09, 2012
- When Madonna, Lourdes sneak into each other's closet - Feb 24, 2011
- 'Suri Cruise best dressed celebrity child' - Jan 18, 2012
- Madonna's daughter wears marijuana leaf accessory to 1st day of school - Sep 10, 2010
- Madonna is a fantastic mother: Kelly Osbourne - Feb 26, 2011
- Madonna & Lourdes To Launch "Material Girl" - Apr 03, 2010
Tags: clothesline, clothing line, designing clothes, different things, dolce and gabbana, fabrics, fashion sense, gaultier, good friend, lola, material girl, men at work, pen men, pop icon madonna, pop star, sketch books, stella mccartney, teenage girls, teenaged daughter, wardrobe department