Madonna wants daughter to ‘dress more conservatively’March 31st, 2010 - 4:07 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 31 (ANI): Madonna, famous for her outlandish fashion sensibilities, says she wishes her teen daughter Lourdes would “dress more conservatively”.
“You could say it’s in the DNA. I could never tell her how to dress,” the Telegraph quoted Madonna, as telling Us weekly.
The singer, 51 and her girl, 13, have paired up for a teen clothing line, Material Girl, which will hit stores later in the year.
Madonna said: “If anything, I wish she’d dress more conservatively. How’s that for irony?”
Madonna also believes her daughter, nickname Lola, is more stylish than her.
“I am boring, basically. She reminds me of me when I was younger. She just goes for it and tries different things. It doesn’t look like she thought too much about it,” the Telegraph quoted her as saying.
“That is how I used to be, but after years and years of everybody commenting on the way I look and dress and being photographed, one starts to become self-conscious and starts to plan things more. You end up judging yourself more, what looks good and what doesn’t.”
Talking about their new clothing line, Madonna said: “Lola has been bothering me for ages about designing clothes. Stella McCartney is a good friend of mine and she got her mind thinking when Lola was a little girl, about eight years old. She started giving Lola fabrics and inviting her into her showroom and asking her opinion on things, giving her sketch books and stuff like that. Stella always pushed her.
“I have a lot of friends who are clothing designers, whether it is Gaultier or Dolce and Gabbana. Lola has been around all of the shoots I have done and all of the campaigns I have done. She is always hanging out backstage. The last two tours I have done, she has been working in the wardrobe department. On this last tour she dressed all of the dancers.”
She added: “It’s good because she does have good taste in fashion. I respect her taste and I rarely disagree with her.” (ANI)
- Madonna wishes daughter would 'dress more conservatively' - Mar 31, 2010
- Madonna wants her daughter Lourdes to dress more conservatively - Mar 31, 2010
- Madonna is a fantastic mother: Kelly Osbourne - Feb 26, 2011
- Osbourne is a girly tomboy - Mar 17, 2011
- Madge wears daughter Lourdes' clothes without asking - Feb 24, 2011
- Georgia May Jagger to lead Material Girl campaign - May 24, 2012
- Lingerie is foundation of woman's wardrobe: McCartney - Nov 26, 2011
- Madonna's daughter promotes her fashion line through blog - Jul 01, 2010
- Madge lets daughter take the lead in Material Girl line - Sep 24, 2010
- Gossip Girl star Taylor Momsen says she likes wearing provocative outfits - Aug 20, 2010
- Madonna Doesn't Interfere With Her Daughter's Style Satatement - Mar 31, 2010
- Madonna is upset with her daughter Lourdes' hair - Aug 03, 2012
- Stella McCartney to launch kids' clothing line - Sep 15, 2010
- Gaultier's show infuriates Winehouse's father - Jan 28, 2012
- Madonna upset with daughter's hair - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: clothing designers, clothing line, designing clothes, different things, dolce and gabbana, gaultier, good friend, good taste, irony, line material, lola, london march, madonna, material girl, sensibilities, sketch books, stella mccartney, teen clothing, teen daughter, wardrobe department