Madonna ‘vows to adopt Malawian tot’April 8th, 2009 - 3:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 8 (ANI): Madonna is determined to do “whatever it takes” to adopt African orphan Mercy.
The 50-year-old, who was denied adoption rights by a Malawi court, vowed that she will spend millions to make her dream come true.
Following judge’s ‘unfortunate’ ruling Madge was forced to fly home from the third world country.
However, the singer, who adopted David Banda, three, from the country in 2006, plans to use all her financial power to win an appeal at Malawi’s Supreme Court, reports The Daily Star.
Her lawyer Alan Chinula - a specialist in Malawian law - is said to have been told: “Do whatever you can to get me my Mercy.
In legal papers she said: “To deny Mercy the opportunity to be adopted by me could expose her to hardship and emotional trauma, which is otherwise avoidable.” (ANI)
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- Madge won't allow Malawian dad to meet adopted daughter Mercy - Aug 30, 2010
- Mercy's family may sue Madonna - Feb 06, 2011
- Madge's adoptive daughter's family has no legal right to see her: Lawyer - Feb 10, 2011
- Madonna's adoption hope still alive - Apr 14, 2009
- Madonna gets ready to bring Mercy James home - Jun 10, 2009
- 'Tearful' Mercy James pleads for 'her mum Madonna' - Apr 06, 2009
- Madonna 'convinces judges' in Malawi adoption case - Jun 09, 2009
- Madonna's adoption plan will come through, says lawyer - Apr 02, 2009
- 'Ecstatic' Madonna wins second Malawi adoption case - Jun 13, 2009
- Madonna may soon take Mercy James home - Jun 09, 2009
- Madonna's lawyers 'hopeful' adoption appeal would succeed - May 05, 2009
- Madonna back in Malawi - Apr 06, 2010
- Malawian girl's gran vows to stop Madonna from 'stealing' her - Mar 28, 2009
- Madonna's school coming up fast in Malawi - Jan 10, 2010