Madonna tops Forbes’ World’s Highest Earning Musicians listJune 24th, 2009 - 5:11 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 24 (ANI): Madonna has pipped Celine Dion and Beyonce Knowles to top the world’s highest earning musicians list.
According to America’s Forbes magazine, the Queen of Pop earned a staggering 110 million dollars from June 2008 to June 2009 due to her Sticky & Sweet world tour.
Dion bagged the second spot with 100 million dollars in the same time period followed by Beyonce, who raked in 87 million, reports Contactmusic.
Wrapping up the top five were rocker Bruce Springsteen and country star Kenny Chesney, who grossed 70 million and 65 million dollars respectively.
The top 10 list
1. Madonna 110 million dollars
2. Celine Dion 100 million dollars
3. Beyonce Knowles 87 million dollars
4. Bruce Springsteen 70 million dollars
5. Kenny Chesney 65 million dollars
6. (tie) Coldplay 60 million dollars
6. (tie) Rascal Flatts 60 million dollars
6. (tie) AC DC 60 million dollars
9. The Eagles 55 million dollars
10. Toby Keith 52 million dollars (ANI)
- U2 world's highest paid band in 2010 (Lead) - Jul 18, 2010
- U2 becomes world's richest band - Jul 18, 2010
- Celine Dion is America's ultimate performer - Jan 20, 2010
- Madges Sticky & Sweet tour tops 2008s highest-grossing U.S. jaunt list - Dec 31, 2008
- Madge is highest-earning musician of 2008 - Feb 13, 2009
- Spears in Forbes' highest paid musicians list - Jul 18, 2010
- U2 'World's Highest-Earning Band' - Jul 17, 2010
- Angelina Jolie tops Forbes' Celebrity 100 power list - Jun 04, 2009
- Celine Dion is decade's top earner - Jan 20, 2010
- Madonna is world's top earning musician - Jun 26, 2009
- U2 Top Earners - Jul 17, 2010
- Jason Aldean leads the CMT Music Awards nominations list - Apr 28, 2011
- Pop diva Celine Dion earns $100 mn - Jun 26, 2009
- Winfrey tops celebrity power list - Jun 29, 2010
- U2 top Billboard's Money Makers list - Feb 27, 2010
Tags: 100 million, 60 million, ac dc, beyonce, beyonce knowles, bruce springsteen, celine dion, coldplay, country star, forbes magazine, forbes world, june 24, kenny chesney, madonna, million dollars, queen of pop, rascal flatts, same time period, sweet world, toby keith