Madonna to spend just 3 weeks with Malawi tot Mercy before world tourJune 15th, 2009 - 1:31 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, June 15 (ANI): Madonna will spend less than three weeks with her newly adopted daughter Mercy, before she jets off on her world tour from New York.
The Queen of Pop, who was overjoyed after winning the appeal to adopt the four-year-old, is due to begin the European leg of her Sticky and Sweet tour on July 4 in London.
Her lawyer Alan Chinula said that the Malawi tot was due to leave for New York to join the megastar’s family, consisting of three-year-old adopted David Banda and her biological children Lourdes and Rocco.
Madonna is expected to leave the youngster with her family and staff, while she hops the European continent for seven weeks.
The 50-year-old was granted full custody of the child after her initial applications were rejected, since the singer was not a resident of the southern African country.
The last hurdle in way of the adoption was knocked off when Mercy’s biological father decided to abandon his fight to keep her.
“My only plea to Madonna is that she should seriously look after the child,” the Herald Sun quoted him as saying.
“I am asking Madonna to make sure that, while the child is growing, she must be informed of me as her biological father … she really must know that while she is far away the father is still alive,” he added. (ANI)
- Madonna takes David, Mercy to Malawi - Apr 06, 2010
- Sibling rivalry between Madonna's kids! - Jun 12, 2012
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- 'Tearful' Mercy James pleads for 'her mum Madonna' - Apr 06, 2009
- Madonna wants to be tougher parent - Apr 19, 2012
- Father of Madonna's Mercy upset after missing meeting with daughter - Apr 08, 2010
- Madge's adoptive daughter's family has no legal right to see her: Lawyer - Feb 10, 2011
- Madonna appeals adoption case in Malawi - May 04, 2009
- Adopted son David Banda is Madonna's biggest fan - Dec 09, 2009
- Madonna gets ready to bring Mercy James home - Jun 10, 2009
- Madge won't allow Malawian dad to meet adopted daughter Mercy - Aug 30, 2010
- Madonna pays $19 million to adopt Malawi orphan Mercy James - Jun 14, 2009
- Madonna on Mercy flight to collect Malawi Orphan Chifundo - Jun 21, 2009
- Madonna back in Malawi - Apr 06, 2010
- Madonna 'set to adopt second Malawian tot' - Mar 30, 2009
Tags: adoption, biological children, biological father, david banda, european continent, full custody, herald sun, initial applications, jets, july 4, last hurdle, lourdes, madonna, megastar, melbourne, plea, queen of pop, rocco, seven weeks, youngster