Madonna to pay Guy Ritchie 60 mn pounds in divorce dealOctober 18th, 2008 - 1:23 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 18 (IANS) Director Guy Ritchie is to get at least 20 million pounds (nearly $35 million) in cash, and properties worth many more millions in his divorce settlement with pop superstar Madonna. According to thesun.co.uk, the 40-year-old Ritchie will get the 1,200-acre country estate and a London pub. The money is to cover the London properties, which include a seven million pound family townhouse in Marylebone, a 10-bedroom, 6 million-pound property next door and two mews cottages worth 2 million pounds each.
The director also gets the pub in Mayfair, valued at about 2.25 million pounds - and the Ashcombe House estate in Berwick St John, Wilts, which is worth 10 million pounds.
The total value will be around 60 million pounds - enough for Guy to walk away satisfied, it was reported Friday night.
Madonna, 50, on tour in the US, keeps her New York and Los Angeles homes.
A source close to the couple said: “The negotiations were relatively painless. Guy knew what he wanted and Madonna knew what she was keen to keep. There was a spell when Guy was in a mood to dig his heels in, but he decided this arrangement seemed reasonable and a long battle over money would make life unbearable.”
Madonna is being represented by well-known divorce lawyer Fiona Shackleton, who played a pivotal role in protecting Paul McCartney’s fortune from his ex-wife Heather Mills this year.
Shackleton negotiated with Guy’s lawyers in a day of frantic phone calls. They are expected to reach a compromise over their kids - Lourdes, 12, Rocco, eight, and David Banda, three.
- Madge to pay Guy Ritchie PS60m in divorce settlement - Oct 18, 2008
- Madonna, Guy divorce: time to divide the spoils - Oct 16, 2008
- Madonna accused of conflicting divorce settlement figures by PS21m - Dec 17, 2008
- Madonna in negotiations to become nightclub owner - Jan 07, 2011
- Madonna, Ritchie to reunite for Christmas - Dec 21, 2009
- Guy Ritchie moves in with girlfriend - Jan 07, 2011
- Madonna 'set to buy NY horse farm' - Dec 11, 2009
- Madonna hands Guy Ritchie PS32m divorce pay-off - Dec 07, 2008
- Madonna to pay ex-husband $76 mn in divorce deal - Dec 16, 2008
- Guy Ritchie names son Rafael - Jun 04, 2012
- Stalker seized inside Madonna's London mansion - Mar 14, 2011
- Cameron's dad gives him tax free 300 K pounds - Dec 31, 2010
- Madonna 'wants to recreate Wiltshire mansion in New York' - Jun 24, 2009
- David Beckham to open pub? - Aug 05, 2010
- Guy Ritchie plans on turning his English country mansion eco-friendly - Jul 06, 2009