Madonna ‘to cocoon Mercy from the world’June 22nd, 2009 - 12:40 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 22 (ANI): Madonna is reportedly looking to cocoon her newly adopted daughter from the world after the tot joined her new mum in London.
Little Mercy James was apparently flown 6,000 miles from Malawi to meet her new family after the singer won the child’s custody two weeks ago.
The four-year-old was whisked to Madonna’s luxury home where she joined her new siblings Lourdes, 12, Rocco, eight and adopted David, three.
The Queen of Pop, known to pals as Em, will cocoon the youngster at her Marylebone home, while she settles into her new life, according to pals.
“Em has been waiting for this moment for years, but realises that she shouldn’t over-stimulate Mercy by immediately smothering her with attention and things to do,” British tabloid The Sun quoted a family friend as saying.
“After all, she has been in this before when she brought David home from Malawi so she understands how confusing it must be.
“The next few days are all about cocooning Mercy from the world and getting her used to being around her new family. Em had hoped to have all the children together for the next few days.
“But David couldn’t contain his excitement and was tearing round the house like a runaway horse. He kept shouting, ‘I want to see my sister,” and endlessly hugging and tugging at her.
“In the end it was best to pack him off with Rocco to Guy’s place in Wiltshire. Guy has been here to meet Mercy too. Em has a gentle few days planned ahead, with lots of singing and reading to her new daughter.
“Mercy has already fallen in love with the 2,000-pound rocking horse Em has placed in her bedroom. She can’t take her eyes off it,” the friend added,
Madonna first spotted Mercy at an orphanage during her first visit to Malawi in 2006, but chose to adopt David Banda instead after the tot’s grandmother refused to let her go. (ANI)
- Madonna wants to be tougher parent - Apr 19, 2012
- Sibling rivalry between Madonna's kids! - Jun 12, 2012
- 'Madonna now wants to adopt African tot with Jesus' - Jun 07, 2009
- Madonna takes David, Mercy to Malawi - Apr 06, 2010
- Guy to spend Christmas with Madonna, kids - Dec 13, 2010
- Mercy brings Madonna and Guy back 'on talking terms' - Jun 29, 2009
- Madge 'flies Mercy straight to Kabbalah meeting' - Jun 21, 2009
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- Madonna learns breakdance from son - May 18, 2012
- 'Tearful' Mercy James pleads for 'her mum Madonna' - Apr 06, 2009
- Father of Madonna's Mercy upset after missing meeting with daughter - Apr 08, 2010
- Madonna, Ritchie to reunite for Christmas - Dec 21, 2009
- Madonna plays Santa for Malawi orphans - Dec 28, 2010
- Madonna to spend just 3 weeks with Malawi tot Mercy before world tour - Jun 15, 2009
- Madonna snapped 'waving' hand sanitiser at Malawian orphans - Oct 31, 2009
Tags: british tabloid the sun, cocoon, david banda, family friend, grandmother, little mercy, luxury home, madonna, mercy james, orphanage, pals, queen of pop, realises, rocco, rocking horse, runaway horse, siblings, tabloid the sun, world london, youngster