Madonna takes private chef on flightsJuly 29th, 2010 - 12:08 am ICT by IANS
London, July 28 (IANS) Pop diva Madonna is so obsessed with her special diet that she hires a private chef to cook her macrobiotic meals whenever she flies.
The singer is so committed to her strict diet that she buys an air ticket for her chef as well so they can make her personalised in-flight food.
On a recent flight from New York to London, the 51-year-old reportedly splashed out thousands on bringing her own chef with her and booked up an entire aisle in upper class for her entourage, reports contactmusic.com.
“The cabin crew were given a dossier on rules and requirements. They weren’t allowed to walk down her aisle or ask her any questions, they had to go through her assistants. It was ridiculous. She took over the whole plane,” a source on board the flight has been quoted as saying.
Madonna’s diet mainly comprises vegetables and fish and doesn’t allow her to consume any dairy, sugary treats or processed foods.
- Madge 'takes personal chef to restaurant' - Sep 23, 2010
- Madonna's new man on macrobiotic diet - Mar 15, 2009
- Renée Zellweger 'stays slim by eating seaweed!' - May 29, 2010
- Palak paneer to tandoori - Indian food a hit in Helsinki (Feature) (With Images) - Jun 28, 2012
- Cooking, not Madonna's forte - Jan 15, 2012
- Renee Zellweger's curves are back - Jul 01, 2010
- Terrified passengers were almost flying across cabin in turbulence hit V Oz flight - Feb 01, 2011
- In-debt Fergie's wasteful spending spree - Aug 17, 2010
- Chew well, keep slim, says Paltrow - May 11, 2012
- Fried food is my weakness, says Gwyneth Paltrow - Dec 15, 2010
- Love yourself for right body: Yana Gupta (With Image) - Jan 22, 2012
- Tantrum throwing Faye Dunaway denied upgrades on flights - Feb 21, 2011
- Diet used by Kate Middleton's mum branded a 'health hazard' - Nov 27, 2010
- Paltrow quits diet regime for kids - May 02, 2010
- Cheryl Cole's Blood Group Diet Slammed by Health Experts - Dec 16, 2010