Madonna takes another swipe at GagaSeptember 18th, 2012 - 3:52 am ICT by IANS
London, Sep 18 (IANS) Pop diva Madonna has appeared to take another swipe at Lady Gaga, saying “imitation is the highest form of flattery”.
The singer dedicated her track “Masterpiece” to the younger star during a performance in Atlantic City, New Jersey, over the weekend, and appeared to accuse her of imitating her, reports contactmusic.com.
Madonna told the crowd, “I love her. I love her. I do love her. Imitation is the highest form of flattery.”
She then cryptically added: “And one day, very soon, we’re gonna be on stage together. Just you wait.”
Madonna, 54, has previously accused Gaga, 26, of copying her track “Express Yourself” on her single “Born This Way”.
“I thought, ‘What a wonderful way to redo my song’. I mean, I recognised the chord changes. I thought it was… interesting,” said Madonna.
- Madonna appreciates Gaga for copying song - Jan 14, 2012
- 'F**king smart' Lady Gaga calls 'Madonna plagiarism accusation retarded' - Apr 21, 2011
- Lady Gaga Says Madonna Loves 'Born This Way' - Feb 16, 2011
- Lady Gaga apologizes for calling Madonna rip-off remarks 'retarded' - Apr 22, 2011
- Lady Gaga faces fresh plagiarism accusations - Mar 12, 2011
- Lady Gaga says Madonna supports her new song 'Born This Way' - Feb 16, 2011
- Comparison with Madonna shocks Gaga - Apr 21, 2011
- Lady Gaga and Madonna love 'Born this way' - Feb 15, 2011
- Lady Gaga inspires Raakesh Agarvwal's collection - Feb 17, 2012
- Gaga accused of copying Madonna's track - Feb 12, 2011
Tags: atlantic city new jersey, chord changes, crowd, form of flattery, highest form of flattery, imitation is the highest form of flattery, lady gaga, london, madonna, masterpiece, pop diva, swipe, wonderful way