Madonna requests Malawi court to let her adopt a daughterMarch 31st, 2009 - 3:02 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 31 (ANI): Madonna recently appeared before a Malawi court with her request that she be allowed to adopt a second African orphan.
The Queen of Pop, who adopted three-year-old David Banda from the country in 2006, pleaded to Lilongwe’s High Court to let her take home four-year-old Mercy James, whose teenage mother died three years ago.
Sources have revealed that the singer told Judge Esmie Chombo that she was a “deeply loving mother”, and would care for Mercy as her own child, reports the Sun.
The hearing was adjourned for a ruling on whether to grant a temporary custody order to the megastar, who was wrapped in a black dress, white Panama hat and small heels.
Madonna will next appear in court for the ongoing adoption process on April 3. (ANI)
- Madonna's second Malawian adoption bid 'confirmed' - Apr 01, 2009
- Malawians split over court 'no' to Madonna adoption (Lead) - Apr 04, 2009
- Madonna's millions raised from Malawi fundraiser go 'missing' - Apr 01, 2009
- Madonna on Mercy flight to collect Malawi Orphan Chifundo - Jun 21, 2009
- Madonna Visits Malawi For Charity Tour - Apr 06, 2010
- Madonna pays $19 million to adopt Malawi orphan Mercy James - Jun 14, 2009
- Guy supported Madonna's adoption attempt - Apr 05, 2009
- Guy Ritchie calls Madonna 'great mum' after adoption bid fails - Apr 04, 2009
- Mercy's family may sue Madonna - Feb 06, 2011
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- Madonna's school coming up fast in Malawi - Jan 10, 2010
- Madonna back in Malawi - Apr 06, 2010
- Malawi court allows Madonna to adopt Mercy - Jun 12, 2009
- Madonna's adoption hope still alive - Apr 14, 2009
- 'Ecstatic' Madonna wins second Malawi adoption case - Jun 13, 2009