‘Madonna now wants to adopt African tot with Jesus’June 7th, 2009 - 12:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 7 (ANI): After failing to adopt Mercy from Malawi, Madonna has reportedly turned to an orphanage in Nigeria - and this time toyboy lover Jesus is by her side.
Apparently, the star has been making inquiries at an orphanage in the city of Kaduna about a female tot.
The Material Girl was devastated when her bid to adopt a little girl called Mercy was rejected by a Malawi court in April.
A source close to the 50-year-old singer revealed: “She was distraught when her adoption failed in Malawi.
“At the time she blamed the fact that her relationship with Jesus made her look like she was going through some midlife crisis.
“But now she’s looking at adoption centres in Nigeria and has got another female friend to make an initial approach to test the waters.
“She’s determined not to make the same mistakes and feels that the only way to do this is to get Jesus involved from the off.”
Madonna’s pal has made an approach to the Mercy Home Orphanage, which is home to 30 children, reports News of the World.
The source said: “Madonna is considering visiting, perhaps with Jesus, as soon as she can.”
She’s determined to extend her family and provide a little sister for daughter Lourdes, 12, and sons Rocco, eight, and David, three, who she adopted in Malawi.
The source continued: “Madonna always thought she would eventually win her battle to adopt Mercy, but that hasn’t been the case. She thinks this will bring her and Jesus together as one big happy family.”
Her friend added: “Failure is not an option. Madonna wouldn’t be able to take rejection for the second time.” (ANI)
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- Madonna takes David, Mercy to Malawi - Apr 06, 2010
- Madonna plays Santa for Malawi orphans - Dec 28, 2010
- Sibling rivalry between Madonna's kids! - Jun 12, 2012
- Madonna wants to be tougher parent - Apr 19, 2012
- 'Tearful' Mercy James pleads for 'her mum Madonna' - Apr 06, 2009
- Madonna plans Malawi trip to 'reunite Mercy with her biological family' - Mar 30, 2010
- Madonna snapped 'waving' hand sanitiser at Malawian orphans - Oct 31, 2009
- Madonna arrives in Malawi to lay foundation for girls school - Oct 26, 2009
- Mercy's family may sue Madonna - Feb 06, 2011
- Father of Madonna's Mercy upset after missing meeting with daughter - Apr 08, 2010
- Madge 'flies Mercy straight to Kabbalah meeting' - Jun 21, 2009
- Now Madonna to adopt from Lesotho? - Jun 07, 2009
- Madge won't allow Malawian dad to meet adopted daughter Mercy - Aug 30, 2010
- Madonna appeals adoption case in Malawi - May 04, 2009
Tags: adoption, daughter lourdes, failure is not an option, female friend, happy family, initial approach, jesus, kaduna, little girl, little sister, madonna, malawi, material girl, midlife crisis, news of the world, nigeria, orphanage, rejection, rocco, second time