Madonna may drop Warner for $120m deal with Live Nation IncNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:01 am ICT by admin
According to the Wall Street Journal, the Live Nation Inc. deal also includes an advance of 17.5 million dollars, as well as advance payments of 50 to 60 million dollars for three studio albums, reports E!Online.
Sources revealed that under the new deal, Madonna will get to keep 90 percent of the grosses if and when she tours again.
Live Nation will keep the remaining 10 percent going, and is expected to shelve out 50 million dollars in cash and stock for the right to promote her concerts.
Profits from products that utilize Madonna’s name and image and other licensing ventures will be split evenly between artist and company.
However, Warner Music Group will not be left without anything, for it will retain the rights to Madonna’s song catalog dating back more than 20 years.
“Warner has demonstrated extremely savvy financial discipline with regard to the deals it enters into and, as importantly, the deals it doesn’t enter into,” E!Online quoted Brian Posner, chief executive of one of Warner’s shareholders, as telling the Wall Street Journal. (ANI)
- Madonna confirms move from Warner to Live Nation Inc - Nov 14, 2007
- Football scandal: Warner slams FIFA over recent moves - Sep 12, 2011
- Chinese search engine signs deal with music giants - Jul 20, 2011
- Publisher Of 'National Enquirer' Goes To Court For Bankruptcy Protection - Nov 18, 2010
- US fines PPG's Chinese subsidiary for illegal Pakistan nuclear exports - Dec 22, 2010
- U2 top Billboard's Money Makers list - Feb 27, 2010
- Google launches unified digital content store - Mar 07, 2012
- Google Initiates eBooks To Compete Against Its Rival, Amazon - Dec 08, 2010
- Whitney Houston has spent her entire fortune - Jan 25, 2012
- 'Little Fockers' tops box office for second week in a row - Jan 03, 2011
- Beth Ditto eager to write songs for Madonna - Jan 29, 2012
- 'Jackass 3-D' tops weekend's box-office with $50 million - Oct 18, 2010
- Amazon.com Launches Movie Studio - Nov 18, 2010
- Dog left $11m in owner's will! - Jun 18, 2010
- NDTV says in talks for its lifestyle business - Aug 19, 2010
Tags: 50 million, 60 million, advance payments, financial discipline, live nation, madge, madonna, merchandizing, million dollars, new deal, posner, s song, shelve, song catalog, stock options, studio albums, wall street journal, warner music group