Madonna ‘leaves nanny in Malawi to care for Mercy’April 23rd, 2009 - 1:46 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 23 (ANI): Even though Madonna’s bid to adopt Malawi tot Mercy James did not go through, the Queen Of Pop has made sure that the four-year-old is well taken care of by leaving a nanny to look after her.
Madge’s request for an interim adoption was turned down by a court in the capital Lilongwe earlier this month, and Mercy was sent back to the Kondanai Children’s Home, while the singer returned home.
“During her farewell party at the lodge, Madonna instructed a nurse and a nanny to remain behind and care for Mercy while her lawyers appeal,” the Daily Star quoted a source as telling Britain’s Daily Mirror.
The singer, who is appealing against the adoption ruling, made sure provisions were in place to extend her care to the child, according to orphanage director Anne Chikhwaza.
“As Mercy’s legal guardian, I authorise where she goes. She is staying with Madonna’s people as a visitor. There is nothing wrong with that,” Chikhwaza said.
Madonna’s appeal on the adoption bid is set to be heard in an African court on May 4. (ANI)
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- Madonna to open an orphanage - Jun 30, 2011
- Mercy's family may sue Madonna - Feb 06, 2011
- Madge won't allow Malawian dad to meet adopted daughter Mercy - Aug 30, 2010
- Madonna flies in nanny, nurse for Mercy James - Jun 15, 2009
- 'Ecstatic' Madonna wins second Malawi adoption case - Jun 13, 2009
- Madonna plans Malawi trip to 'reunite Mercy with her biological family' - Mar 30, 2010
- Madonna's lawyers 'hopeful' adoption appeal would succeed - May 05, 2009
- Father of Madonna's Mercy upset after missing meeting with daughter - Apr 08, 2010
- 'Tearful' Mercy James pleads for 'her mum Madonna' - Apr 06, 2009
- Madonna 'headed to Malawi for tot No2' - Mar 27, 2009
- Madonna 'snubs' adopted kids' families in Malawi - Nov 01, 2009
- Guy supported Madonna's adoption attempt - Apr 05, 2009
- Malawian girl's father speaks out against Madonna - May 03, 2009
- Malawians split over court 'no' to Madonna adoption (Lead) - Apr 04, 2009