Madonna lacks good morals, says Malawi girl’s fatherApril 30th, 2009 - 11:25 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 30 (IANS) Pop diva Madonna’s hopes of adopting a second child from Malawi were dealt a crushing blow after the infant’s father accused her of lacking “good morals” and began a bid to claim full custody of the toddler himself.
James Kambewa, 24, said he wanted to spare his three-year-old daughter Mercy a life of “scandal” with a woman he claimed of not being a “model mother”, reports the Dailymail online.
“I don’t think Madonna is a model mother. I have seen her in movies and songs. She doesn’t portray good morals. How can a woman of 50 dance almost naked on stage? I wouldn’t want my daughter to grow up like that! In Malawi, women respect themselves. Cultured women do not go about half-naked,” he said.
“I also heard after her marriage failed, she is already seeing two men, both younger than her. I hear one of them is even less than half her age. That’s scandalous. How can a normal woman fall for a boy who can as well be her son? No, spare my Mercy that scandal,” he added.
Kambewa, who has never met his daughter after walking out on her mother when she was expecting her, has written a letter to lawyers asking for a permanent injunction against the singer adopting her. Mercy has been living in an orphanage since her mother died.
He earns 23 pounds a month as a security guard and has insisted he would give his daughter a good home.
A court on the other hand, has already denied Madonna, 50, the chance to adopt Mercy, but she is said to be “confident” of overturning the ruling at an appeal May 4.
- Madge won't allow Malawian dad to meet adopted daughter Mercy - Aug 30, 2010
- Malawian girl's father speaks out against Madonna - May 03, 2009
- Madonna's adoption bid gets another blow - Apr 30, 2009
- Madge's adopted daughter's father wants pictures of girl - Aug 09, 2010
- Mercy's family may sue Madonna - Feb 06, 2011
- Madonna plans Malawi trip to 'reunite Mercy with her biological family' - Mar 30, 2010
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- Madonna's Malawian daughter forgets native language - Oct 28, 2009
- Father of Madonna's Mercy upset after missing meeting with daughter - Apr 08, 2010
- Madonna to open an orphanage - Jun 30, 2011
- Madonna's 'slutty' dressing may cost her Malawian kid adoption bid - May 06, 2009
- Madge's adopted daughter Mercy's granny says orphanage was to return the girl to family - Jun 28, 2009
- Mercy's granny never wanted to give her to Madonna permanently - Jun 29, 2009
- Madonna 'snubs' adopted kids' families in Malawi - Nov 01, 2009
- Madonna's lawyer brands Malawian girl's father opportunist - May 06, 2009
Tags: crushing blow, dailymail, full custody, good morals, injunction against, lawyers, london, madonna, malawi women, marriage, model mother, naked on stage, orphanage, permanent injunction, pop diva, scandal, security guard, two men, woman fall