Madonna ‘just a woman like all the others’, says new beauDecember 3rd, 2010 - 12:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 3 (ANI): Madonna’s new man Brahim Zaibat has described the Queen of Pop as “just a woman like all the others”.
Speaking out for the first time about his love for her in a highly revealing interview, the 24-year-old said the passionate affair had made him suspicious of old friends, and caused him to change his mobile number.
But, despite the masses of unwanted attention, the French break-dancer said he believed he had a future with the 52-year-old superstar.
“It all started on September 22nd at the launch of Madonna’s new ready-to-wear clothing range,” the Daily Mail quoted him as saying about their first meeting in New York.
“My mate Norman, who danced for her and who became her personal trainer, asked me to dance at the evening. I performed a solo to Material Girl. Then I met Madonna on the sidelines, and she just thanked me for my show.
“It wasn’t like meeting a monster! She’s just a woman like all the others. She’s an extraordinary artist and world famous, of course, but a woman above all’” he said.
Eyebrows were immediately raised about the relationship, because of the age gap, and because Brahim is a devout Muslim, while Madonna is a follower of Kabbalah, a variation of Judaism.
Asked if he was a fan of Madonna as a child, Brahim said: “It wasn’t the kind of sound I had on my I-pod but I knew her tracks. I’ve since pretty much listened to all she’s done.”
“She’s put lots of breakdance and hip hop in her last tracks and she’s passionate about dance. Her dream as a child was to become a dancer. That’s another thing we have in common,” he said.
Asked why the pair had gone public about their love, the dancer said: “It wasn’t her deliberate decision and it wasn’t mine. We were in a club and we were seen dancing together.”
“It was because it was Madonna that the affair took on massive proportions. Nothing was calculated by us. We had a nice night together without thinking that there might be paparazzi there,” Brahim said.
Asked what had changed in his life, Madonna said: “Deep down, not much really. I’ve stayed the same. It’s others who have changed.
“Colleagues of yours have come to my house to take photographs of my mother and get information from her,” he told France’s Grazia magazine. (ANI)
- Madonna's boyfriend likes being in control - Dec 08, 2010
- Madonna's 'new toyboy' opens up about their relationship - Dec 08, 2010
- Madonna: A Woman Above All! - Dec 03, 2010
- Madonna holidays with boyfriend's mom, cousins - Aug 22, 2012
- Today is Madonna's birthday - Aug 16, 2011
- I'm dating a woman 8-yrs older than you: Madonna's toy boy tells his mom - Nov 06, 2010
- Madonna's boyfriend proposes - Mar 05, 2012
- Madonna impresses beau's mom - Sep 03, 2011
- Men didn't find young Madonna attractive - Nov 11, 2011
- Madonna and boyfriend Brahim Zaibat split over religious issues - May 10, 2011
- Love keeps me young: Madonna - Jan 13, 2012
- Madonna brings her toyboys to Kabbalah - Dec 15, 2010
- Madonna learns breakdance from son - May 18, 2012
- I pushed Chang beyond his level: Choreographer Marischa (Interview) - Mar 09, 2011
- Madonna decade's most talked about celebrity - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: age gap, brahim, break dancer, breakdance, clothing range, daily mail, deliberate decision, devout muslim, follower, i pod, massive proportions, material girl, mobile number, new man, nice night, passionate affair, personal trainer, queen of pop, sidelines, unwanted attention