Madonna ‘headed to Malawi for tot No2′March 27th, 2009 - 12:16 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 27 (ANI): Madonna is expected to travel to Malawi this weekend to try to adopt a second child, it has emerged.
The 50-year-old singer is close to ending the end of a 19-month battle to make “smiling angel” Mercy James legally hers.
Officials in the impoverished African country have confirmed that adoption papers had been filed and that proceedings would begin at a court in the capital Lilongwe next week.
Madge first spotted Mercy, now four, in an orphanage in August 2007.
She has long talked of her desire for a sister for adopted son David Banda, three, insisting on a girl to “redress the balance.”
“Madonna is determined that she will leave Malawi with a new daughter. She desperately wants Mercy but there are other orphans who need homes,” The Sun quoted a source, as saying. (ANI)
- Madonna to open an orphanage - Jun 30, 2011
- Madonna Visits Malawi For Charity Tour - Apr 06, 2010
- Madonna's school coming up fast in Malawi - Jan 10, 2010
- 'Ecstatic' Madonna wins second Malawi adoption case - Jun 13, 2009
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- Mercy's family may sue Madonna - Feb 06, 2011
- Malawian girl's gran vows to stop Madonna from 'stealing' her - Mar 28, 2009
- Madonna snapped 'waving' hand sanitiser at Malawian orphans - Oct 31, 2009
- Madonna pays $19 million to adopt Malawi orphan Mercy James - Jun 14, 2009
- Malawi court turns down Madonna's second adoption - Apr 03, 2009
- Malawians split over court 'no' to Madonna adoption (Lead) - Apr 04, 2009
- Madonna 'leaves nanny in Malawi to care for Mercy' - Apr 23, 2009
- Madonna back in Malawi - Apr 06, 2010
- Madonna requests Malawi court to let her adopt a daughter - Mar 31, 2009
- Madonna flies in nanny, nurse for Mercy James - Jun 15, 2009