Madonna hated ‘Madge’ nickname until she found out its meaningDecember 7th, 2007 - 4:36 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Dec 7 (ANI): Pop diva Madonna did not like her nickname ‘Madge’ until she found that it is the British shorthand for ‘Your Majesty’.
The pop star, who shifted to London to live with her film director spouse Ritchie in the late 1990s, hated it when the local tabloid press began calling her Madge.
However, when she learnt that the name was an abbreviation of Your Majesty, she became comfortable.
“Then someone told her it was an abbreviation of Your Majesty. Ever since, she’s settled in quite nicely, that Madge,” Contactmusic quoted Ritchie, as saying.
Meanwhile, the singer is reportedly desperate to find a sister for her two-year-old son, David.
She is said to have sent a team to Malawi to find her a baby girl. (ANI)
- Madonna hates being called 'Madge' - Oct 02, 2009
- Beth Ditto eager to write songs for Madonna - Jan 29, 2012
- Madonna to give up glitzy lifestyle for love - Jan 13, 2012
- Madonna creates mayhem over lost sunglasses - May 22, 2010
- Madonna's necklace up for grabs - Feb 14, 2012
- Madonna struggles being single mom - Mar 11, 2012
- Madonna hates being called control freak - Mar 18, 2012
- Madonna plans massive Malawi fundraiser - Jul 26, 2010
- Madonna hits back at reports of probe into Kabbalah or Raising Malawi - Apr 06, 2011
- Madonna criticised over album name - Jan 13, 2012
- Madonna's ex helped her on 'W.E.' - Dec 24, 2011
- Malawi charity staff to sue Madonna for unfair dismissal - Mar 28, 2011
- Madonna teams up with Minaj for new single - Oct 29, 2011
- Madonna takes beau on French ride - Aug 27, 2011
- Kelly Osbourne To Soon Endorse Madonna ‘s Clothing Line - Jan 25, 2011