Madonna has stopped eating, exercising after adoption-rejectionApril 17th, 2009 - 11:59 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 17 (ANI): Madonna is so depressed after the rejection of her plea to adopt four-year-old Mercy James from Malawi that she has stopped eating and exercising.
According to reports, the singer’s friends are worried over her condition following the adoption-rejection by a Malawi court, reports The China Daily.
“She has abandoned her strict macrobiotic diet and is virtually eating nothing. She has even stopped training since she returned from Malawi and seems to be in a trance a lot of the time,” a source told Britain’s Daily Express newspaper.
Madonna, who is a follower of Kabbalah, has allegedly lost 5 lbs after the court ruling, and has struggled to keep her emotions in check while in public.
The source added: “Madonna attended a Passover dinner in London held by members of her Kabbalah faith and broke down in tears about Mercy. She looked wiped out, telling guests she felt weak from lack of sleep and exercise. She said she felt too low to train which, for her, is unheard of.”
The Material Girl, who recently got divorced from film director Guy Ritchie, travelled to the African country in the hope of giving a home to Mercy at the end of March.
However, her application was rejected because she had not lived in Malawi for 18 months, which is a pre-requisite by law.
Now, the 50-year-old pop star is filing an appeal against the court’s decision, so that Mercy could join her other children - Lourdes, 12, Rocco, eight, and David Banda, three - who she also adopted from Malawi. (ANI)
- Madge to share pain of failed adoption over Kabbalah Passover - Apr 08, 2009
- Madonna turns to Jesus to heal her heartbreak - Apr 17, 2009
- Madonna takes David, Mercy to Malawi - Apr 06, 2010
- Madonna takes adopted daughter Mercy to Kabbalah meeting - Jul 06, 2009
- Madonna wants to be tougher parent - Apr 19, 2012
- Sibling rivalry between Madonna's kids! - Jun 12, 2012
- Madge 'flies Mercy straight to Kabbalah meeting' - Jun 21, 2009
- Madonna appeals adoption case in Malawi - May 04, 2009
- Madonna, Jesus 'to swap commitment vows in Kabbalah service' - May 10, 2009
- Adopted son David Banda is Madonna's biggest fan - Dec 09, 2009
- Madonna plans to move back to Britain - Oct 11, 2010
- Madonna on Mercy flight to collect Malawi Orphan Chifundo - Jun 21, 2009
- Madonna's children take appointment to meet mom - Aug 27, 2010
- Madonna learns breakdance from son - May 18, 2012
- Madonna arrives in Malawi to lay foundation for girls school - Oct 26, 2009
Tags: china daily, daily express, david banda, film director, follower, guy ritchie, kabbalah, lack of sleep, macrobiotic diet, madonna, malawi, material girl, mercy james, New Delhi, passover, passover dinner, plea, pop star, rejection, rocco