Madonna, Guy Ritchie settle children’s custody dealMarch 12th, 2009 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 12 (IANS) Pop diva Madonna and ex-husband Guy Ritchie have reached a deal in their custody battle finalising an agreement, which will see the couple’s children living in America with their mother.
The couple’s six-year marriage ended last year and they quickly thrashed out a settlement in British court, reportedly agreeing to share the care of their two children Rocco, 8, and adopted David, 3.
Madonna, who has left her home in England for New York, took the case to a court in the US, asking a judge to approve the deal and make the custody arrangements legal there.
Contactmusic.com reports, a hearing at Manhattan Supreme Court Wednesday saw the deal finalised that the pair’s two children will remain in New York, with regular visits from their father. The kids will also spend time in Britain during school holidays.
Madonna’s 13-year-old daughter, Lourdes, from a previous relationship, will also remain in New York with her mother.
- Madonna, Ritchie to reunite for Christmas - Dec 21, 2009
- Madonna struggles being single mom - Mar 11, 2012
- Madonna wants to be tougher parent - Apr 19, 2012
- Madonna plans to move back to Britain - Oct 11, 2010
- Madge, Ritchie want New York court to declare their child-custody deal official - Feb 14, 2009
- Guy Ritchie's girlfriend pregnant again? - Jul 19, 2012
- Madonna learns breakdance from son - May 18, 2012
- Guy to spend Christmas with Madonna, kids - Dec 13, 2010
- Guy Ritchie dad again - Sep 06, 2011
- Madonna, Guy Ritchie reach custody settlement over kids - Mar 12, 2009
- Madonna takes beau on French ride - Aug 27, 2011
- Will intimate Madonna-Ritchie divorce details be aired in public? - Feb 21, 2009
- Sibling rivalry between Madonna's kids! - Jun 12, 2012
- Madonna to pay ex-husband $76 mn in divorce deal - Dec 16, 2008
- Madonna's kids dislike her music - Apr 02, 2012
Tags: custody arrangements, custody battle, daughter lourdes, england, finalised, guy ritchie, living in america, london march, madonna guy ritchie, manhattan, marriage, pop diva, relationship, rocco, school holidays, supreme court, time in britain