Madonna confirms move from Warner to Live Nation IncNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:22 am ICT by admin
The deal also brings to an end a 25-year relationship with Warner.
Madonna, the first performer in Live Nation’s new Artist Nation division, said the deal offered her the chance to explore the endless possibilities in the ever-changing world of music.
“The paradigm in the music business has shifted and as an artist and a businesswoman, I have to move with that shift,” the BBC quoted her, as saying.
“For the first time in my career, the way that my music can reach my fans is unlimited. I’ve never wanted to think in a limited way and with this new partnership, the possibilities are endless.”
Live Nation chief executive Michael Rapino said that the deal was a ‘defining moment in music history’ and said that they had created a “new business model for our industry”.
“Madonna is a true icon and maverick as an artist and in business. Our partnership is a defining moment in music history,” he said.
According to a statement released, Madonna has become a shareholder in the company. However, further information was not provided.
Sources revealed that under the new deal, Madonna will get to keep 90 percent of the grosses if and when she tours again.
Live Nation will keep the remaining 10 percent going, and is expected to shelve out 50 million dollars in cash and stock for the right to promote her concerts.
Profits from products that utilize Madonna’s name and image and other licensing ventures will be split evenly between artist and company.
However, Warner Music Group will not be left without anything, for it will retain the rights to Madonna’s song catalog dating back more than 20 years, and Madge must still make one more album for Warner, due next year. (ANI)
- Madonna may drop Warner for $120m deal with Live Nation Inc - Nov 14, 2007
- Football scandal: Warner slams FIFA over recent moves - Sep 12, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias to appear on Facebook game - Oct 01, 2011
- Beth Ditto eager to write songs for Madonna - Jan 29, 2012
- Madge's Sticky & Sweet world tour earns highest amount in solo artist tours - Sep 04, 2009
- Underwood to perform in Britain - Apr 25, 2012
- Warner shuns IPL riches for national duty - Mar 23, 2012
- Madonna cancels Australian tour - Jul 19, 2012
- Music evolving at faster pace: US record producer Timbaland (Interview) - May 27, 2012
- No more Madonna, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Linkin Park on YouTube? - Dec 22, 2008
- Music videos return to UK YouTube after new multi-million pound deal - Sep 03, 2009
- I've no time for kids: Cowell - Aug 24, 2011
- Whitney Houston has spent her entire fortune - Jan 25, 2012
- India tour will be special: David Guetta - Jan 28, 2012
- Madonna's impersonator to tour India - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: bbc, defining moment, dollar deal, endless possibilities, live nation, madge, madonna, merchandizing, michael rapino, music business, music history, nation chief, partnership, possibilities are endless, s song, song catalog, stock, true icon, warner music group, world of music