Madonna concert is a ‘natural disaster’, say Russian authoritiesMay 7th, 2009 - 1:43 pm ICT by ANI
New York, May 7 (ANI): While Madonna is in talks for a concert in St. Petersburg, Russian authorities have already branded the event a “natural disaster”.
The Material Girl is planning a concert in the main square of St. Petersburg, Russia, home of the Hermitage Museum, in August.
However, according to reports, local authorities have condemned the event and have even called it a “natural disaster”.
“We want guarantees that there will be no blasphemy,” the New York Post quoted the museum’s director Dr. Mikhail Piotrovski as saying.
Piotrosvki would also demand that Madonna should sign an agreement limiting volume levels. (ANI)
- Madonna wreaks blasphemy fears in Russia with upcoming concert - May 06, 2009
- Madge's foul language for tour promotion upsets Russian leaders - Jul 04, 2009
- Madonna should be denied Russian visa: Theologian - Apr 06, 2012
- Madonna broke 'gay propaganda' law: Russian official - Aug 11, 2012
- Madonna sued for $10 mn over Russian concert comments - Aug 18, 2012
- Madonna's album released in Russia three days early - Mar 23, 2012
- Madonna an 'ex-wh***', says Russian deputy PM - Aug 09, 2012
- St. Petersburg gays to rally despite ban - Jul 07, 2012
- Madonna to support Russian gay community - Mar 23, 2012
- No gas deal during Putin's China visit: Moscow - Oct 11, 2011
- Russian police detain 100 during freedom-of-assembly protests - Aug 01, 2010
- Protests over Russian 'gay propaganda' bill - Dec 27, 2011
- Dozens of protesters detained in Russia - Jun 01, 2011
- Boney M lead singer Farrell dies aged 61 - Dec 30, 2010
- Cocaine Trade Scheme Uncovered By Russia Following A US Tip - Jul 27, 2010