Madonna cancels Australian tourJuly 19th, 2012 - 7:56 am ICT by IANS
London, July 19 (IANS) Pop star Madonna has called off plans to tour Australia for the first time in nearly 20 years.
The 53-year-old had provisionally booked a number of arenas with plans to take her Mdna shows to Melbourne and Sydney later this year (12).
An announcement about the Australian dates was due later this year (12), but Madonna’s tour promoters at Live Nation have now confirmed the singer will not be going ahead with the shows, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Madonna has not played in Australia since taking The Girlie Show World Tour Down Under in 1993.
- Sibling rivalry between Madonna's kids! - Jun 12, 2012
- Madonna criticised over album name - Jan 13, 2012
- Madonna sued over 'Vogue' song - Jul 14, 2012
- Madonna throws cake on manager's face - Apr 07, 2012
- Madonna queen of British charts - Apr 02, 2012
- Madonna breaks down during concert - Jul 06, 2012
- Georgia calls Madonna her style icon - Jul 20, 2012
- Madonna flaunted Obama tattoo - Sep 09, 2012
- Elton John calls Madonna a nightmare - Aug 08, 2012
- Gaga to tour in 2012 - Jun 12, 2011
- Madge, Britney touring Australia this year? - Jan 29, 2009
- Madonna's brother to launch shoe collection - Jul 22, 2012
- Madonna appreciates Gaga for copying song - Jan 14, 2012
- Madonna to dedicate Super Bowl performance to dad - Feb 04, 2012
- Madonna to open an orphanage - Jun 30, 2011