Madonna axes board of directors of her Raising Malawi charityApril 3rd, 2011 - 2:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 3 (ANI): Madonna has fired the board of directors of her Raising Malawi charity for allegedly wasting 2.4 million pounds on a project to build a school that never came to fruition.
Among the board members axed is Kabbalah co-director Michael Berg.
The 52-year-old singer has herself now taken up the reins of the charity, which aims to help orphans and children with AIDS in the African state.
Madonna took the decision after the charity’s 9 million pounds flagship project - the Raising Malawi Girls’ Academy - was abandoned last week following an audit which discovered 2.4million pounds had been frittered away by staff on golf memberships and chauffeur-driven cars.
And she has called in PR gurus Fabiani and Lehane - dubbed ‘The Masters of Disasters’ - to help her rebuild the charity’s image, reports the Daily Mail. (ANI)
- Madonna's plan to build school in Malawi collapses - Mar 25, 2011
- Madonna hits back at reports of probe into Kabbalah or Raising Malawi - Apr 06, 2011
- Madonna mulls 'legal options' over failed school project in Africa - Mar 28, 2011
- Madonna showers Malawi orphans with gifts - Dec 28, 2010
- Malawi charity staff to sue Madonna for unfair dismissal - Mar 28, 2011
- Madonna's charity Success for Kids investigated over misuse of funds - Apr 05, 2011
- Guy Ritchie 'circumcised to comply with ex-wife Madge's Kabbalah beliefs' - May 05, 2011
- Madonna lands in Brazil with her rabbi - Nov 11, 2009
- Madonna Visits Malawi For Charity Tour - Apr 06, 2010
- Madonna's Malawi charity probed for suspicious activity - Apr 05, 2011
- Former employees of Madonna's charity sue for unfair dismissal - Mar 29, 2011
- Madonna's Malawi project leader set to put new plan into gear - Feb 18, 2011
- Madonna arrives in Malawi to lay foundation for girls school - Oct 26, 2009
- Madge planning 'Live-Aid' like fundraiser for Malawi - Jul 26, 2010
- Madonna's school coming up fast in Malawi - Jan 10, 2010
Tags: aids, axes, board members, board of directors, charity, chauffeur driven cars, children with aids, co director, daily mail, flagship project, fruition, golf memberships, gurus, kabbalah, madonna, malawi, masters of disasters, michael berg, orphans, reins