Madonna and Gucci join forces for charityNovember 29th, 2007 - 3:59 pm ICT by admin
Melbourne, Nov 29 (ANI): Madonna and Gucci will team up next year to raise funds for the children of Malawi.
The Italian fashion label will be hosting a fundraising event on February 6 to celebrate the opening of Gucci’s largest store in the world, the New York Fifth Avenue flagship.
The event will be dedicated to Raising Malawi and UNICEF and the money received from charity will go to children orphaned by HIV/AIDS in Africa and to raise awareness, reports theage.com.au.
It will be co-chaired by Gucci’s creative director, Frida Giannini.
Madonna and Giannini will be joined by a group of co-chairs, including Adrien Brody, Arpad Busson, Salma Hayek, Lucy Liu, Demi Moore, Ashton Kutcher and Gwyneth Paltrow.
Meanwhile, the 49-year-old singer and her hubby, Guy Ritchie, are still trying to adopt David Banda from Malawi, who was placed in an orphanage by his father after the death of his mother. (ANI)
- Madonna teams up with Gucci to raise funds for Malawi orphans - Nov 16, 2007
- Penelope's noble cause for Haiti victims - May 22, 2010
- Blake Lively new face of Gucci - Jun 24, 2012
- 'Gucci' Fiat 500 unveiled at Milan Fashion Week - Feb 25, 2011
- Rihanna Respects Gucci For Selecting Black Models - Jun 10, 2010
- J-Lo's twin toddlers face camera for charity - Jan 20, 2011
- Uma Thurman expecting girl? - Mar 08, 2012
- Madonna plays Santa for Malawi orphans - Dec 28, 2010
- Justin Timberlake tops charitable stars list - Dec 19, 2009
- Salma Hayek graces the Cannes Festival - May 12, 2011
- Ashton, Demi's friendly meeting at pre-Golden Globes bash - Jan 16, 2012
- Gucci to introduce children's line - Apr 14, 2010
- Madonna's charity Success for Kids investigated over misuse of funds - Apr 05, 2011
- Salma Hayek rattled by a snake on the sets of a TV interview - Jun 10, 2010
- Madonna's Malawian daughter forgets native language - Oct 28, 2009
Tags: adrien brody, aids in africa, arpad busson, charity, david banda, demi moore ashton, demi moore ashton kutcher, frida giannini, gucci, guy ritchie, gwyneth paltrow, hiv aids, lucy liu, madonna, malawi, s largest store, salma hayek, theage, unicef