Madhuri inspires Chitrangada’s look in ‘Kaafirana’February 29th, 2012 - 3:46 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 29 (IANS) Chitrangada Singh, who has done an item-song for Shirish Kunder’s “Joker”, says her look in the song is inspired by Madhuri Dixit’s in the song “Humko aajkal hai” from “Sailaab”.
“I don’t like to call it an item song, it is a dance performance that I have done for the film. It’s called ‘Kaafirana’ and it is very rustic, very 1980s in its look and it is a little bit of Madhuri from ‘Sailaab’, that’s the kind of look that we have been inspired from,” said Chitrangada.
“It has a bit of ‘laavni’ in it, it’s fantastic,” the 35-year-old said at the unveiling of the cover page of men’s magazine FHM, which features her.
Chitrangada, who has adorned the cover page of various magazines, says print photo shoot is challenging, but at the same time comfortable also.
“I think what’s good about shooting a print picture is that you have to do so much more within that one frame or one shot. You have to look the part, you have to have the right expression, everything has to be perfect,” said Chitrangada.
“But at the same time, I think there is a lot more control when you are doing print so you are lot comfortable. If there is something wrong you can get it fixed later, that is not the final thing going out. Whereas if you do a film, there is one long shot that you have to give and that’s it,” she added.
Chitrangada was last seen in “Desi Boyz” and is currently working on “I, Me Aur Main” opposite John Abraham and a Sudhir Mishra film opposite Arjun Rampal.
- Chitrangda tries Madhuri's 'Sailaab' act - Jun 04, 2012
- Now Chitrangada wants to drape sari for cover shoot - Dec 27, 2011
- Chitrangada happy with move to commercial cinema - Dec 17, 2011
- Chitrangada game for more item songs - Aug 29, 2012
- Madhuri is like lady Michael Jackson: Remo D'Souza - Jan 31, 2011
- My husband liked my ethnic look in item number: Chitrangada - Jul 31, 2012
- Item number in 'Joker' raises activist's heckles - Aug 23, 2012
- Chitrangada loves 1970s style - Feb 16, 2012
- Chitrangada calls herself trendsetter, not follower - Feb 22, 2012
- Serious to comic to Santa: Chitrangada Singh's new avatars - Jan 10, 2012
- I don't regret failure of any film: Madhuri Dixit (Interview) - Nov 27, 2010
- I want to do Marathi films, says Vidya Balan - May 25, 2012
- 'Fakht you' changed to 'Just you' to avoid row: Chitrangada - Jul 27, 2012
- Akshay Kumar fittest man in industry: John Abraham - Nov 08, 2011
- Madhuri, Remo to judge 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4' - Nov 26, 2010
Tags: 1980s, arjun rampal, chitrangada singh, dance performance, expression, feb 29, john abraham, joker, little bit, madhuri dixit, magazine fhm, magazines, mumbai, photo shoot, sailaab, shirish kunder, unveiling