Madhur Bhandarkar shoots ‘Jail’ in different wayMarch 13th, 2009 - 10:21 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 13 (IANS) National Award winning director Madhur Bhandarkar has begun a start-to-finish shooting schedule of his forthcoming prison drama “Jail” which is being filmed in a unique way. Every scene will be shot in the same order as it will appear in the final print.
This chronological shooting technique he had tried in “Fashion” and finds creatively satisfying.
“Jail”, a co-production of Percept Picture Company and Bhandarkar Entertainment, went on floors Thursday and the shooting ends May 15.
“Yes, every scene will be shot in exactly the same order as they will be seen in the film. Even if this means revisiting the same locations after some time, I am okay with that. I tried doing this in ‘Fashion’ where I had to flip-flop between different cities and sets but the effort was worth it,” Bhandarkar told IANS.
But why the effort when in a single schedule one can utilise the same location for shooting scenes spread over the film and hence save some time and money?
“It’s a creative field and sometimes benefits are more implicit rather than explicit,” reasons Bhandarkar.
“The film warrants such a graph where the characters have to sustain similar emotions for a period of time.”
Known for extracting award winning performances from his central characters in practically each of his films, Bhandarkar could well have Neil Nitin Mukesh come up with an incredible act in “Jail”.
Priyanka Chopra has bagged practically all the awards for the best female lead for “Fashion”, while earlier Bipasha Basu (”Corporate”), Konkona Sen Sharma (”Page 3″), Raveena Tandon (”Satta”) and Tabu (”Chandni Bar”) too have been hailed for their performances in his films.
“I hope this turns out to be the case (with Neil),” said Bhandarkar. “Neil has an author backed role in ‘Jail’ and he was roped in for the simple reason that I trust him to deliver goods.”
The film stars Mugdha Godse as Neil’s love interest. Manoj Bajpai also plays a pivotal role.
- Mugdha Godse turns painter - Sep 11, 2012
- 'Chandni Bar' completes 10 years, Bhandarkar gets nostalgic - Sep 28, 2011
- Mugdha, Shriya prove actresses can work harmoniously - Jan 11, 2012
- Sugar-free sweets for friends on Diwali, says Mugdha - Nov 04, 2010
- Nude scene in 'Jail' won't offend moms: Neil Mukesh (Interview) - Oct 21, 2009
- I've blurred Neil Mukesh's frontal nudity in 'Jail': Bhandarkar (Interview) - Oct 26, 2009
- I want to make an intense love story: Bhandarkar - Feb 19, 2011
- Movie Review: Jail (2009) - Nov 06, 2009
- Mugdha Godse game for item numbers - Oct 25, 2010
- I've gone de-glam for 'Jail': Mugdha Godse - Sep 19, 2009
- I'm flattered Freida wants to work with me: Bhandarkar - Jun 02, 2009
- Taking a huge risk with romantic comedy: Madhur Bhandarkar (Interview) - Jan 16, 2011
- Jail is not a copy rages Madhur - Jul 24, 2009
- 'Jail' a gritty reality show (IANS Film Review; Rating:***1/2) - Nov 06, 2009
- 'Help' Has The Same Feel As An International Horror Film" - Mugdha - Jun 25, 2010
Tags: bipasha basu, co production, creative field, emotions, explicit reasons, godse, graph, konkona sen sharma, love interest, manoj bajpai, nitin, period of time, pivotal role, prison drama, priyanka chopra, raveena tandon, satta, shooting scenes, time and money, warrants