Madhur Bhandarkar doesn’t believe in sequels, re-makesJuly 24th, 2008 - 3:35 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 24 (IANS) Talented Bollywood director Madhur Bhandarkar doesn’t have any plan to make a sequel to any of his movies that have been a huge success at the box office despite being realistic in nature. The director said his films like “Chandni Bar”, “Page 3″, “Corporate” and “Traffic Signal” had an open ending, but he won’t make a second part of these films.
He said: “I don’t believe in re-make or sequel. My films are mirror to the society. In those films, I have shown what I wanted to show. I don’t have any plan to take those story further.
“I left the end of my films open. I didn’t give any solution because I don’t believe in preaching. My films are not preachy as I believe that I’m not here to give solutions,” said Bhandarkar
The director, who won national awards for “Chandni Bar”, “Page 3″ and “Traffic Signal” however, says he loves larger than life films. Manmohan Desai is one of his favourite directors.
“I make realistic movies but this doesn’t mean I dislike the larger than life movies. I think Manmohan Desai was a master in it and I like watching his movies.”
Every director has his own vision and films are to be watched within a certain parameter, says Bhandarkar.
“Whether it is Satyajit Ray, Mrinal Sen or David Dhawan, they all have their own style of storytelling and I enjoy watching all of them. I am also an ardent fan of Mani Ratnam, Guru Dutt and Vijay Anand.”
Currently, he is busy with the editing of his next release “Fashion”. Starring Priyanka Chopra and Kangana Ranaut, the film will show inside story of fashion world.
Bhandarkar says all his films are made from the common man’s point of view and so is “Fashion”.
“It is the story of simple middle class girl from Chandigarh who struggles to find a place in the modelling world. It gives a view of the fashion world from middle class girl’s perspective,” he said.
After “Fashion”, which is slated for November release, Bhandarkar will start shooting “Jail” from October. He plans to wrap it up by Jan 2009. The film is slated for release on May 1, 2009.
“Jail” is again the story of a middle class man who under a special circumstances lands up into a jail.
Starring Neil Nitin Mukesh in the lead role, “Jail” shows a common man’s views about the life inside a jail, where people from different social strata are put together.
“The subject was in my mind much before I made ‘Page 3′. The story is developed by Manoj Tyagi. He has done a through research for a long period of time which has shaped the script well, Bhandarkar said.
Tyagi has written films like “Apaharan”, “Page 3″ and “Corporate”.
- 'Chandni Bar', 'Fashion' to be screened in Berlin - Aug 13, 2012
- Taking a huge risk with romantic comedy: Madhur Bhandarkar (Interview) - Jan 16, 2011
- No one can understand women like Madhur: Ajay Devgn - Nov 28, 2010
- 'Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji' to be released on Republic Day - Jan 15, 2011
- Pretti Jaiin rape case: Madhur Bhandarkar summoned Nov 14 - Oct 18, 2011
- Kareena will be a shocker in 'Heroine', says Bhandarkar - Jan 10, 2012
- Crime rate will go down after watching Jail -Madhur Bhandarkar - Nov 09, 2009
- 'Heroine' not inspired by one person, says Bhandarkar - Jul 26, 2012
- Ash, Bhandarkar launch 'Heroine' in Cannes (With Images) - May 13, 2011
- Mumbai court summons Madhur Bhandarkar in rape case - Sep 19, 2011
- 'Chandni Bar' completes 10 years, Bhandarkar gets nostalgic - Sep 28, 2011
- May make comeback to action films soon: Bhandarkar - Nov 23, 2010
- 'Dil Toh Bachcha...' explores child within every man (IANS Preview) - Jan 24, 2011
- We've revamped 'Heroine' script for Aishwarya: Bhandarkar - May 15, 2011
- Madhur Bhandarkar meets Hazare - Apr 07, 2011
Tags: ardent fan, chandigarh, common man, desai, fashion world, guru dutt, kangana ranaut, larger than life, madhur bhandarkar, manmohan, middle class girl, mrinal sen, national awards, priyanka chopra, satyajit ray, sequel, sequels, storytelling, traffic signal, vijay anand