Madges brother says being rejected as her choreographer was hardJanuary 5th, 2009 - 6:44 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 5 (ANI): Madonnas brother Christopher Ciccone has confessed that being rejected as a choreographer by his celebrity sister had left him devastated.
The 48-year-old had collaborated with the Queen of Pop to direct her various world tours.
Ciccone had, however, been replaced by the singer in favour of celebrity choreographer Jamie King in 2001.
The co-author of the tell-all book Life with My Sister Madonna further mentioned the growing rift between him and his sister, including her 2000 marriage to director Guy Ritchie.
“From the moment I found I wasn”t doing (Madonna’’s 2001 tour) Drowned World, to her and Guy’’s wedding, everything became a bit of a blur, a dark, fairly negative period of time for me, the Daily Express quoted him as telling British newspaper the Observer.
“You know, she was my family. I wasn”t close to my other brothers and sisters, I moved out when I was 18 and moved to New York so…she was my family.
“Plus I”d come out of a 10-year relationship straight after (1993′’s) the Girlie Show. So losing that, losing her - I was kind of out there for the first time in 15 years by myself,” he added. (ANI)
- Multi-billionaire Madonna's brother is homeless - Oct 23, 2011
- Madonna's penchant to date younger men is 'creepy', says estranged bro - Jan 25, 2011
- Madonna reconciles with estranged brother? - Sep 06, 2009
- Madonna decides to reconcile with estranged brother - Sep 07, 2009
- Madonna's brother mocks her marriage referee role - Mar 06, 2010
- Madonna's brother to launch shoe collection - Jul 22, 2012
- Madonna asking dad to take sides, reveals brother - Jul 30, 2008
- I value India's rich culture: Brazilian choreographer (With Images) - Dec 22, 2011
- Madonna's brother criticizes her relationship with toyboy lover - Sep 17, 2009
- Madonna dating my son, reveals Rachiki's mother - Nov 08, 2010
- Diva Demi Moore treats gay men like handbags, says Madges brother - Jan 06, 2009
- Guy Ritchie plans to get even with Madge with tell-all film - Oct 30, 2008
- Madonna's brother desperately eyeing 'Idol' spot - Mar 05, 2010
- Madonna's brother to release tell-all memoir about pop diva - Jun 12, 2008
- Madonna to compete with Guy in direction - Nov 12, 2008
Tags: blur, brother christopher, brothers and sisters, celebrity, choreographer jamie king, christopher ciccone, co author, daily express, favour, guy ritchie, london, madonna, madonnas brother, marriage, period of time, queen of pop, relationship