Madge’s adopted daughter’s father wants pictures of girlAugust 9th, 2010 - 3:00 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 09 (ANI): American singer Madonna’s adopted daughter Mercy’s biological father has appealed to the pop star to send him pictures of his daughter he has never met.
James Kambewa said it was emotionally painful that he could not be with his five-year-old daughter whom Madonna adopted in Malawi last year.
“I would appreciate it Madonna could send me pictures of how she looks like now as I don’t get any pleasure of being with her. It’s emotionally painful for me as a father,” James said.
“I’m very happy that Madonna is taking care of her. But as a parent, from the moment I heard that she was still alive, I wanted to meet her and I’m hopeful that I’ll meet her one day,” James told the Sunday Time newspaper in South Africa.
Mercy’s father, who initially was against the adoption, said he moved to South Africa to earn money to pay for a flight to Britain to see his daughter if he could contact the Queen of Pop, reports The Telegraph.
James wanted Mercy to learn about her roots and family background.
“Sadly, she can’t learn any of that now but I would still like her to be raised in a good way that any child is supposed to be raised,” he said.
James missed an opportunity in April 2010 to see Mercy when the 51-year-old pop star returned to Malawi with both her adopted children to launch a 10-million-pound academy for girls. She had hoped to reunite both children with their fathers but James did not return to his homeland because he was working in Durban. (ANI)
- Father of Madonna's Mercy upset after missing meeting with daughter - Apr 08, 2010
- Madge won't allow Malawian dad to meet adopted daughter Mercy - Aug 30, 2010
- Madonna plans Malawi trip to 'reunite Mercy with her biological family' - Mar 30, 2010
- Madonna 'snubs' adopted kids' families in Malawi - Nov 01, 2009
- Mercy's family may sue Madonna - Feb 06, 2011
- Malawian girl's father speaks out against Madonna - May 03, 2009
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- Madonna to open an orphanage - Jun 30, 2011
- Top Malawi judge to crush Madonna's adoption dream - May 03, 2009
- Mercy's granny never wanted to give her to Madonna permanently - Jun 29, 2009
- Madge's adopted daughter Mercy's granny says orphanage was to return the girl to family - Jun 28, 2009
- Madonna on Mercy flight to collect Malawi Orphan Chifundo - Jun 21, 2009
- Madge 'bans father of the Malawian girl from visiting the tot' - Apr 20, 2009
- Madge's adoptive daughter's family has no legal right to see her: Lawyer - Feb 10, 2011
- 'Ecstatic' Madonna wins second Malawi adoption case - Jun 13, 2009
Tags: 10 million, adoption, american singer, biological father, family background, girls, london, madge, money, pleasure, pop star, queen of pop, roots, singer madonna, south africa, sunday time, telegraph