Madge turns to other African country for adoptionJune 8th, 2009 - 2:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 8 (ANI): After a failed attempt to adopt a baby girl from Malawi, Queen of Pop Madonna has reportedly turned to another African country for adoption.
According to sources, the ‘Material Girl’ is willing to adopt a child from AIDS-stricken Lesotho, a country that has close links with Prince Harry.
The young royal vowed to carry on his late mother Princess Diana’s crusade to help African kids infected or orphaned by HIV.
He set up the charity Sentebale - for which the singer attended a polo match fundraiser last weekend.
And the 50-year-old believes that the poor country will grant her an adoption.
The singer is said to have appealed after Malawi’s High Court ruled she could not adopt four-year-old Mercy because she had not lived in the country for 18 months.
“Madonna is not a patient person, she’s used to getting what she wants,” the Daily Star quoted her a source as saying.
“She won’t give up on Mercy but if she’s blocked from adopting her then she will think about trying to adopt another baby.
“She has already started looking into other African countries,” the source added. (ANI)
- Now Madonna to adopt from Lesotho? - Jun 07, 2009
- Madonna to open an orphanage - Jun 30, 2011
- Madonna takes David, Mercy to Malawi - Apr 06, 2010
- Brazil girls gaga over Prince Harry - Mar 10, 2012
- Madonna's adopted daughter Mercy to meet real family - Mar 30, 2010
- Father of Madonna's Mercy upset after missing meeting with daughter - Apr 08, 2010
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- Malawi government backs Madonna's adoption bid - Apr 03, 2009
- Madonna Visits Malawi For Charity Tour - Apr 06, 2010
- Madonna back in Malawi - Apr 06, 2010
- Madonna arrives in Malawi to lay foundation for girls school - Oct 26, 2009
- Madonna plans Malawi trip to 'reunite Mercy with her biological family' - Mar 30, 2010
- Madonna's millions raised from Malawi fundraiser go 'missing' - Apr 01, 2009
- Mercy's family may sue Madonna - Feb 06, 2011
- Prince Harry's tribute to late mum Princess Diana - Jun 20, 2010
Tags: adoption, african countries, african kids, aids, baby girl, charity, crusade, daily star, hiv, london, madonna, material girl, patient person, polo match, prince harry, princess diana, queen of pop, sentebale