Madge ‘flies Mercy straight to Kabbalah meeting’June 21st, 2009 - 12:56 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 21 (ANI): Madonna’s new adopted daughter Mercy was reportedly flown 6,000 miles from Malawi to meet her new family in London and taken straight to a Kabbalah meeting.
The three-year-old was allegedly whisked to the Kabbalah centre for her first lesson in the controversial Jewish mysticism within hours of arriving.
Little Mercy along with her new mum and siblings Lourdes, 12, Rocco, eight and David, three, was said to have spent an hour at the meeting before heading for the Queen of Pop’s 15-million pound home in Mayfair.
And the reported move to deny Mercy the chance to settle into her new life immediately after her arrival has sparked criticism.
“Taking her to a Kabbalah meeting will be a complete culture shock. She should be kept safe from experiences in the spotlight that will not help with her development,” The Mirror quoted Child psychologist Katherine Fingleton as saying.
Mercy was jetted out of the poverty-stricken southern African country after Madonna won custody of the child two weeks ago.
The singer was previously denied the right to adopt the Malawian tot since she was not a resident of the state.
But the decision was overturned by Malawi Supreme Court, saying that the child, who had been living in an orphanage, would have a better life with the megastar.
Madonna first spotted the youngster at an orphanage during her first visit to Malawi three years ago but chose to adopt David Banda instead after Mercy’s grandmother refused to let her go. (ANI)
- Madge to share pain of failed adoption over Kabbalah Passover - Apr 08, 2009
- Madge won't allow Malawian dad to meet adopted daughter Mercy - Aug 30, 2010
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- Madonna appeals adoption case in Malawi - May 04, 2009
- Madonna 'to cocoon Mercy from the world' - Jun 22, 2009
- 'Tearful' Mercy James pleads for 'her mum Madonna' - Apr 06, 2009
- Madonna's school coming up fast in Malawi - Jan 10, 2010
- Madonna takes adopted daughter Mercy to Kabbalah meeting - Jul 06, 2009
- Madonna takes David, Mercy to Malawi - Apr 06, 2010
- Madonna on Mercy flight to collect Malawi Orphan Chifundo - Jun 21, 2009
- Madonna arrives in Malawi to lay foundation for girls school - Oct 26, 2009
- Madonna back in Malawi - Apr 06, 2010
- Madonna pays $19 million to adopt Malawi orphan Mercy James - Jun 14, 2009
- Madonna plays Santa for Malawi orphans - Dec 28, 2010
- Madonna flies in nanny, nurse for Mercy James - Jun 15, 2009
Tags: better life, child psychologist, culture shock, david banda, grandmother, jewish mysticism, june 21, kabbalah centre, little mercy, madonna, malawi, mayfair, megastar, orphanage, poverty, queen of pop, rocco, siblings, spotlight, youngster