Madge accused of copying Duran DuranJune 12th, 2008 - 7:31 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jun 12 (ANI): Duran Duran star John Taylor has hit out at pop queen Madonna for copying one of their ideas.
Taylor accused Madge of having copied their collaboration with Justin Timberlake and super producer Timbaland for her new album.
Madonna had teamed up with Timberlake and Timbaland to record songs for her new album Hard Candy, with her single 4 Minutes, featuring the two, having become a chart topper across the world. According to Taylor, the Evita singer had stolen the idea for the duet from the 1980s rockers, after Duran Duran joined Timberlake and Timbaland in the studio for their 2007 album Red Carpet Massacre.
Taylor, who also founded two supergroups Power Station and Neurotic Outsiders, insisted that he was not surprised by her moves.
“It wouldn’t be the first time Madonna’s copied us. She’s been doing it for years,” Contactmusic quoted him as saying. (ANI)
- Noelia to launch singles from new album in US, Europe - Mar 19, 2012
- Justin Timberlake returns to music - Aug 09, 2012
- 'Kiss Me' singer Noelia wants to collaborate with Zakir Hussain - May 23, 2012
- Music evolving at faster pace: US record producer Timbaland (Interview) - May 27, 2012
- Madonna returns to studio to record new album - Jul 06, 2011
- Bieber collaborates with Taylor Swift - Sep 01, 2011
- Gaga's 'The Fame Monster' named top album of 2010 - Dec 29, 2010
- Taylor Swift's new album 'Speak Now' reaches sales record - Nov 04, 2010
- Gloria Trevi presents second single of new album - May 10, 2011
- Lady Gaga's 'The Fame Monster' named 'biggest selling album of 2010' - Dec 29, 2010
- Lady Gaga Scores With The Fame Monster In 2010: World’s Best Selling Album - Dec 29, 2010
- Madonna to release new album in 2012 - Sep 06, 2011
- Madge open her first gym in Mexico City - Dec 01, 2010
- Tony Bennett' next album in Spanish - Jan 17, 2012
- Eminem's 'Recovery' top-selling album of 2010 in US - Jan 07, 2011