Maddonas Nude Photo sold for $37,500February 14th, 2009 - 5:57 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
An unnamed European buyer bought the 1979 photograph on Thursday which was a nude photograph of a 20-year-old Madonna that appeared in Playboy which had been sold at the auction worth $37,500.
Christie’s believes that Lee Friedlander’s full-frontal black and white image of Madonna, born Louise Ciccone, is a record auction price for a photograph of her.. A Herb Ritts photo of Madonna’s True Blue album cover sold for over $15,000 in 2006.
Madonna may have earned as little as $25 for the 1979 modeling session in those day but now a picture values a lot.
Christie’s said, Madonna was a 20-year-old dancer trying to make ends meet when she answered Friedlander’s newspaper ad seeking a nude model. The photograph appeared in Playboy in 1985.
- Madonna's nude picture may sell for $10,000 - Jan 17, 2009
- Madonnas full-frontal pic may fetch $10k at Christie''s - Jan 17, 2009
- Nude Madonna pic nets $37,000 - Feb 14, 2009
- Madges nude photo auctioned for $37,500 - Feb 13, 2009
- Playboy nude artwork sells for $266K at NY auction - Dec 10, 2010
- Iconic images of some of Playboy's sexiest pin-ups up for grabs - Nov 19, 2010
- Gere remembers friend Herb Ritts - Apr 03, 2012
- "Playboy" To Auction Its Art Collection In December - Nov 09, 2010
- Margaret Thatcher's handbag sells for 25,000 pounds - Jun 28, 2011
- Elle Macpherson launches new collection of underwear 'Bare and Bold' - Dec 24, 2010
- Playboy To Auction Its Art Collection - Nov 09, 2010
- Toni Braxton 'considering' Playboy offer - Jan 06, 2011
- Beatles letter put up for sale - Nov 15, 2011
- Harris puts engagement ring on auction - Oct 01, 2011
- Monroe's items set auction on fire - Dec 18, 2011