‘Mad Men’ should end : Jon HammJune 14th, 2011 - 3:50 am ICT by IANS
London, June 14 (IANS) Actor Jon Hamm, who plays Don Draper in television drama series “Mad Men” says that the show might end after seven seasons.
“I think it should end after the seventh season. Everything should end. I was a big fan of ‘The Office’ over here because it ended,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Hamm as saying.
The popular advertising TV drama, which is centred on a 1960s agency and also stars January Jones and Christina Hendricks, has recently been renewed for three more seasons bringing it up to a total of seven.
The 40-year-old will star shooting season five of “Mad Men” in “late July or August” but he has no idea what to expect for his character Don Draper.
“I don’t think the scripts exist. The way Matthew Weiner writes the show is very organically. He starts when he starts and eventually there are scripts but I certainly haven’t seen them,” he said.
However, the actor is extremely grateful for the success which he got from the show.
“I’m 40, which is ridiculously old in Hollywood. I mean, come on, I’m not in ‘Twilight’. I could play their grandfather or something. It’s crazy that this has happened. I’m a very, very lucky human being,” he added.
- The Luminaries Of 'Mad Men' Cover The Special Edition Of 'Rolling Stone' - Sep 03, 2010
- Jon Hamm says he is very low key in real life - Sep 04, 2010
- Jon Hamm Returns With Much Anticipated "Mad Men" Season 4 Premire Tonight - Jul 25, 2010
- Mel Gibson to appear in 'Mad Men' - Sep 25, 2010
- Jon Hamm worked in porn industry - Feb 21, 2012
- Jon Hamm signs three-year-contract with Lionsgate TV - Jun 23, 2011
- Will Mad Men End in 2012? - Apr 20, 2010
- Will Jane Lynch Be Able To Pull Off The Don Draper Look? - Oct 11, 2010
- Jon Hamm to direct the premiere of 'Mad Men' Season 5 - May 27, 2011
- 'Mad Men' star 'likens reality TV celebs to porn stars' - Sep 23, 2010
- Jessica Pare's Character To Tie Knot In "Mad Men" Finale? - Oct 18, 2010
- Jon Hamm Speaks About His Battle With Depression - Sep 23, 2010
- 'Mad Men' Stars Grace Rolling Stone Cover - Sep 03, 2010
- Radcliffe to play doctor in TV drama - May 02, 2012
- 'Mad Men' wins Emmy for best drama series - Aug 30, 2010
Tags: 1960s, advertising tv, christina hendricks, draper, femalefirst, hollywood, january jones, jon hamm, june 14, london, lucky human, mad men, scripts, seven seasons, television drama series, tv drama, twilight, weiner