“Mad Men” And Their Sassiest Conquests On A Whole New Season 3August 17th, 2009 - 5:59 pm ICT by GD
After a hiatus of 6-7 months comes the 3rd season of “Mad Men”. The season begins with the episode “Out Of Town“. The issues here predominantly are Identity crisis, deceit, culture war and secrets kept deep in your heart.
There is the entertainment from malicious office politics, and personal conflicts that account for crackling dialogues. The coming of The Brits and Mr.Pryce has caused Sterling Cooper agency deep turmoil. The optimistic Ken and the grim Pete prick in each others eyes. Pete Campbell with his furious hostility towards Ken evoke empathy from the audience. His hiss of rage and childlike quality will charm you eventually into thinking that he is vile for the right purpose, almost innocently so! The dialogue “Hey I’m just one of the executives having a drink with my bosses, whom I now call by their first names!” is quite sassy enough.
The first episode shows Don Draper hallucinating about his grand birth. He has been given the name of Dick by a prostitute mother. His wife Betty who is expecting a child is touching her belly and purring like a cat, “I just want everything to be perfect.” And smooth talker Draper accompanies Sal to Baltimore to attend a meeting and an alarm bell goes off when the two get cosy !
Bryan Batt shows some sensational lust or would you call it tenderness?- blending it with a tint of surprise.
If there is an insincere character on AMC’s “Mad Men” it has to be Roger Sterling. His predominant function in the Sterling Cooper world run by Mr. Pryce is to put the life in the party.
What is commendable in the series is its multi-faceted plot. It seems to be the last bastion of television series.
- 'Mad Men' Comes Up With An Exciting Episode - Oct 08, 2010
- Review Of 'Mad Men' - Oct 12, 2010
- "Mad Men" Season 4 Finally Premieres On AMC - Jul 26, 2010
- 'Mad Men' Season 4 Episode 12 Review: Not Blowing Spoke At All! - Nov 25, 2010
- "Mad Men" Star Christina Hendricks Speaks About Her Role - Aug 09, 2010
- 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards: Nominees & Winners - Aug 30, 2010
- Mattel Brings Mad Men Into Barbie's World:No Drinking or Smoking - Mar 11, 2010
- Mad Men using product integration - Aug 18, 2009
- "Mad Men" Season 4 Episode 3 Brings In Good News - Aug 09, 2010
- 'Mad Men' Barbies in the pipeline - Mar 11, 2010
- The Luminaries Of 'Mad Men' Cover The Special Edition Of 'Rolling Stone' - Sep 03, 2010
- "Mad Men" Barbies And Kens To Hit Market - Mar 11, 2010
- Jon Hamm Returns With Much Anticipated "Mad Men" Season 4 Premire Tonight - Jul 25, 2010
- 'Mad Men' characters to be honoured with Barbie doll versions - Mar 11, 2010
- Will Mad Men End in 2012? - Apr 20, 2010
Tags: 7 months, alarm bell, bryan batt, childlike quality, crackling, culture war, deep in your heart, draper, expecting a child, first names, hiatus, last bastion, mad men, office politics, personal conflicts, pete campbell, pryce, smooth talker, television series, wife betty