Macca’s new ladylove admits being ’so nervous’November 14th, 2007 - 10:18 am ICT by admin
However, outside her apartment on the East side of Manhattan, Shevell admitted that she was feeling a bit apprehensive.
“I’m so nervous. I don’t want to say anything,” the Daily Snack quoted her, as saying.
In the meantime, reports in America have revealed that Shevell’s was once accused of having ties with the Mafia by none other than the US government.
Her family’s trucking company New England Motor Freight was accused by the US government in 1988 of having links with one of the most feared Mafia bosses in the country, and of making Mob pay-offs.
According to US reports a lawsuit was filed by the FBI in 1988 against Nancy’s father Myron “Mike” Shevell.
The lawsuit accused Myron of having “corrupt relationship” with reputed Mob killer and extortionist Tony Provenzano.
The US labour department also claimed that Vincent Gigante, of the feared Genovese crime family, was involved in a conspiracy with Mr Shevell’s company to take control of a Teamsters Union branch, and that Myron made a “sweetheart’ deal with the Mob which meant making pay-offs to them in return for the company operating outside union rules.
However, Mr Shevell insists the lawsuit was settled without him admitting wrongdoing. (ANI)
- Macca's new lady's family once accused of having Mafia ties - Nov 14, 2007
- Scores of arrests deal blow to Sicilian mafia - Dec 14, 2010
- No big fat wedding for McCartney, Shevell - Jul 22, 2011
- US judge throws out whistleblower case against Infosys - Aug 21, 2012
- Infosys' whistleblower Palmer to be benched - Aug 21, 2012
- McCartney to wed again - Oct 09, 2011
- Paul McCartney quits drugs for daughter - Feb 16, 2012
- Nancy Shevell's wedding dress designed by Stella McCartney - Oct 10, 2011
- U.S. arrests 127 suspects in massive operation against mobsters - Jan 21, 2011
- Yahoo, Facebook reach patent deal - Jul 07, 2012
- McCartney moves up on rich musicians list - Apr 27, 2012
- McCartney's wedding is 'imminent' - Sep 14, 2011
- FBI cracks down on mafia, arrests more than 100 - Jan 21, 2011
- Ruby's haste to wed boyfriend riles Catholic Church - Apr 28, 2011
- Macca invites new flame Nancy Shevell on world tour - Aug 21, 2008
Tags: accused, apprehensive, fbi, genovese crime family, ladylove, macca, mafia bosses, mob, myron, new england motor freight, night dinners, provenzano, sweetheart deal, teamsters union, trucking company, us government, us labour department, vincent gigante