Macca urges Anderson to promote vegetarianismApril 29th, 2009 - 5:08 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 29 (ANI): Legendary singer Sir Paul McCartney has written an open letter to actress Pamela Anderson urging her to promote vegetarianism.
The ex-Beatle, who himself is a strong animal rights advocator, has appealed to the Baywatch star to help, after both became involved in a campaign to help the plight of seals.
Anderson had urged to ban the slaughter of baby seals in her native Canada, while Macca urged the European Parliament to implement a ban on the sale of all seal products.
He’s written a two-page letter hoping that vegetarian Anderson will help him promote the cause, reports Contactmusic.
McCartney writes, “Dear Pamela. We are sending this letter because both of us share a concern for our planet’s welfare and hope you will find the following information of interest. The Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) stated that ‘changes in lifestyle and behaviour patterns can contribute to climate change mitigation across all sectors.’
“A significant reduction in emissions can be brought about through changes in diet. The single most effective act is to become vegetarian or reduce meat consumption.
“Unfortunately, with higher incomes, societies are turning to greater consumption of animal protein, which reduces the availability of food grains for direct consumption by impoverished human beings.
“We are, therefore, writing this letter not because vegetarianism is a fad or an emotional issue but because it is a very attractive option for reducing emissions of greenhouse gases and stabilising the earth’s climate and ensuring food security.” (ANI)
- Promote vegetarianism, McCartney tells Anderson - Apr 30, 2009
- Hindus back Paul McCartney's call to India for a National Vegetarian Day - Jan 05, 2011
- McCartney urges Manmohan to celebrate vegetarianism - Jan 05, 2011
- Mccartney immortalised on PETA Stamp - Nov 29, 2011
- Pamela Anderson invites China to join seal campaign - Apr 13, 2011
- Turn veggie to save the world, say Pachauri and McCartney - Nov 29, 2008
- Pamela urges Indians to avoid leather products - Nov 18, 2010
- Sonu Sood goes shirtless for PETA ad (With Image) - May 11, 2011
- Macca appeals for meat-free day in India - Jan 05, 2011
- Ex-Beatle Paul McCartney to tell EU: 'Less meat means less heat' - Nov 29, 2009
- Postal stamp sought to honour India's vegetarian heritage - Sep 28, 2011
- McCartney bans meat on music tour - Apr 06, 2010
- Hollywood-Bollywood come together for vegan cookbook - Jul 03, 2012
- Make Tihar Jail meat-free zone: PETA India - Nov 22, 2011
- McCartney gets puppies' photo as wedding gift - Oct 18, 2011
Tags: animal protein, assessment report, attractive option, baby seals, baywatch, baywatch star, behaviour patterns, climate change mitigation, emotional issue, european parliament, food grains, greenhouse gases, intergovernmental panel on climate change, legendary singer, meat consumption, native canada, pamela anderson, seal products, sir paul mccartney, writing this letter