Macca, Ringo Starr to play charity gigMarch 5th, 2009 - 12:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 05 (ANI): Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr are set to reunite for a charity concert in New York.
Although the two Beatle stars will reunite for the charity gig, theyll not perform together.
McCartney will headline the concert at the Radio City Music Hall on April 4, while Starr has been named among a string of special guests.
A spokesman for McCartney said a collaboration had not been confirmed and a spokeswoman for Starr said he would perform “a few songs on his own”.
The charity gig will raise funds for The David Lynch Foundation, set up by the film director himself, which aims at promoting transcendental meditation in schools.
In a statement about the show, McCartney revealed that he has been practicing transcendental meditation for 40 years.
“In moments of madness, it has helped me find moments of serenity,” The BBC quoted McCartney, as saying.
Ringo Starr added: “It gives me great pleasure to be part of this evening. I feel the aims of this charity are wonderful.”
Tickets for the charity show will go on sale on March 9.
The two Beatles legends last performed together at a tribute concert for George Harrison in 2002. (ANI)
- Macca, Ringo Starr reunite for meditation charity concert - Apr 06, 2009
- Beatles reuniting on stage, courtesy the magic of technology - Dec 02, 2010
- Paul McCartney was inspiration by father - Jan 30, 2012
- McCartney, Starr reunite to promote meditation - Apr 06, 2009
- Paul McCartney Tour 2010 Coming to Utah! - May 21, 2010
- Beatles, Rolling Stones, Sex Pistols to perform together at London Olympics? - Apr 25, 2011
- Beatles would have reformed if all their members had survived: Macca - May 17, 2010
- Macca, Ringo Starr reunite to teach youngsters meditation - Apr 02, 2009
- Thirty years on, he's still the real Nowhere Man (Tribute) (Dec 8 is John Lennon's death anniversary) - Dec 07, 2010
- I won't be doing London Olympics: Ringo Starr - Jul 25, 2011
- Beatles, iTunes deal still at impasse, says Yoko Ono - Aug 07, 2010
- Sir Paul McCartney To Play In Utah - May 21, 2010
- Supergroup being formed for the 2012 Olympic - Apr 26, 2011
- Ringo Starr joins Yoko Ono on stage at John Lennon tribute concert - Oct 11, 2010
- Paul McCartney going to give a performance in Utah - May 21, 2010
Tags: april 4, beatles, charity concert, charity gig, city music hall, concert for george harrison, david lynch, film director, george harrison, macca, paul mccartney, radio city music, radio city music hall, ringo starr, serenity, sir paul mccartney, special guests, spokeswoman, transcendental meditation, tribute concert