Macca puts Coachella fest in trouble by playing extra minutesApril 25th, 2009 - 1:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 25 (ANI): Sir Paul McCartney may have left a Californian festival to face the music from authorities after overrunning his late night performance.
The former Beatle had played for an extra 54 minutes at the weekend’s Coachella music festival.
But the 66-year-old would not be held responsible to pay the fine for running over time since laws of the area’s local authority held promoters Goldenvoice accountable for the breach.
Goldenvoice are liable for a 1,000-pound fine for every minute of music played after midnight but the exact penalty is yet to be announced.
Police spokesman Ben Guitron said The Killers and The Cure also performed an extra 30 minutes and 33 minutes respectively.
“There’s nothing against the artists specifically, but someone has to be time keeper,” the BBC quoted him as saying.
“In regards to Mr McCartney, the audience really applauded his performance and so he played encores,” he added. (ANI)
- Paul McCartney Serenades Michelle Obama - Jun 04, 2010
- McCartney, Carla Bruni team up for HIV campaign - Jun 26, 2010
- Macca, Oprah Winfrey hailed at Kennedy Center Honors - Dec 06, 2010
- Joe Walsh and Paul McCartney get standing ovation at the Grammy Awards - Feb 14, 2012
- Fans go mad for Macca's first Brazilian gig in 18 years - Nov 09, 2010
- McCartney turns down bottom signing request - Jun 28, 2010
- McCartney to sing at Willaim's wedding? - Jan 06, 2011
- Paul McCartney Tour 2010 Coming to Utah! - May 21, 2010
- Sir Paul McCartney to write score for New York City Ballet - Feb 25, 2011
- Mccartney Plays At The White House - Jul 27, 2010
- London Games opening ceremony kicks-off at 9 p.m. - Jul 26, 2012
- Paul McCartney was inspiration by father - Jan 30, 2012
- Sir Paul McCartney To Play In Utah - May 21, 2010
- Paul McCartney To Be Honored At White House With Gershwin Prize - May 25, 2010
- Beatles, Rolling Stones, Sex Pistols to perform together at London Olympics? - Apr 25, 2011
Tags: 30 minutes, audience, authorities, bbc, beatle, breach, californian, coachella music festival, encores, goldenvoice, guitron, killers, late night, local authority, night performance, paul mccartney, police spokesman, promoters, sir paul mccartney, time keeper