Macca ‘not responsible for break up of girlfriend’s marriage’November 14th, 2007 - 10:18 am ICT by admin
The friend said that the couple were growing apart way before Nancy was spotted wining and dining with the ex-Beatle in the Hamptons last weekend.
“It’s been a clash of two big egos. Her sense of entitlement and his wanting fame and notoriety and recognition,” the New York Daily News quoted the friend, as saying.
“She started to feel No. 2 in his life next to his aspirations and for someone who doesn’t like to play second fiddle that was unacceptable.
“He was going to benefits and political functions every night and she really didn’t want any part of it. Also, I think he felt threatened by her powerful father and he wanted to make a name all by himself,” she added.
Shevell and Blakeman met at Arizona State University and got married in 1984.
They spent a lot of time apart, working in two different states and sometimes living in separate places, the source revealed.
The couple became friends with McCartney, his late wife, Linda, and his second wife, Heather Mills during their summer holidays in the Hamptons.
But by this summer, Shevell started spending much of her time on the East End, hanging out with McCartney, while Blakeman hibernated in the city.
“There was no nail in the coffin. It’s been unraveling for many years,” the friend said.
Macca and Shevell began their quiet weekend together by enjoying a late-night drink at a restaurant in the exclusive beach resort of East Hampton, where they chatted and sipped cocktails until 3am.
The following afternoon, he visited her at the luxurious home she shares with Blakeman. After leaving the house Sir Paul was pictured going into a local lingerie store to buy a gift.
Hours later the pair met up again, this time for dinner at the Mount Fuji Japanese restaurant. Later that evening Nancy spent nearly two hours at Paul’s East Hampton home before journeying back to her own house.
The next morning they were together again, sharing breakfast at a cafe before going for a drive and a walk on a beach.
They kissed tenderly in the front seat of Macca’s Ford pick-up truck as he dropped her home. Later Nancy drove back to his home where they spent several more hours alone together. (ANI)
- McCartney to wed again - Oct 09, 2011
- Nancy Shevell's wedding dress designed by Stella McCartney - Oct 10, 2011
- Paul McCartney quits drugs for daughter - Feb 16, 2012
- McCartney's wedding is 'imminent' - Sep 14, 2011
- Nancy Shevell and Paul McCartney pay tribute to Whitney Houston - Feb 15, 2012
- McCartney gets puppies' photo as wedding gift - Oct 18, 2011
- Paul McCartney all set to marry Nancy Shevell - Sep 16, 2011
- No big fat wedding for McCartney, Shevell - Jul 22, 2011
- Paul McCartney struggles with modern fame - Mar 07, 2012
- McCartney in no rush to marry girlfriend - Jan 06, 2011
- McCartney, Shevell off to Caribbean honeymoon - Oct 17, 2011
- Paul McCartney may marry again - Jan 13, 2010
- Macca's girlfriend's ex-hubby 'eyeing US senate seat' - Nov 28, 2009
- Macca's new ladylove flies to London? - Nov 14, 2007
- McCartney's girlfriend free to marry him - Jan 25, 2009
Tags: arizona state university, fuji japanese restaurant, hamptons, heather mills, husband bruce, lingerie store, luxurious home, macca, mount fuji, nancy, new york daily news, notoriety, political functions, quiet weekend, second fiddle, second wife, sir paul, wife heather, wife linda, york daily news