Macca, Mills divorce deal stuck over silenceNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:07 am ICT by admin
However at the hearing behind closed door, Sir Paul and his legal team did not agree to the clause.
The deal includes a privacy clause barring Mills from discussing the marriage, and an annual income from the Beatles legend’s 825 million pounds fortune.
At the hearing, Justice Coleridge was to get them to arrive at a fair settlement and if McCartney and Mills agree to his advice then a public High Court hearing next year will not be necessary.
A source close to the 39-year-old reveals that the custody access rights to the their four-year-old daughter has always been the sticky pint in the case.
“The custody access rights to Beatrice have been the subject of much debate. She wants to be able to travel extensively with her daughter and has even entertained the possibility of living abroad,” the source said.
“Most important has been the gagging order. She wants to be able to talk, she wants to be able to cash in - and her marriage to Paul is a golden ticket which will ensure an income for her long after Beatrice has turned 18.
“The compromise is that she will be able to talk about the marriage but only in positive and unspecific terms. She can never do a confessional warts and all chat,” the friend added.
The friend also said that once the deal is done Mills wants a New York break with Sir Paul with the hope of a reconciliation.
“She wants to have this New Year break and even feels that in the future they might get back together,’ the friend said.
“Heather feels she has this power over men - and Paul has certainly been a victim of that before with her,’ the friend added. (ANI)
- Heather Mills says 'losing leg was 20 times easier than losing Macca' - Jul 26, 2010
- Heather Mills hospitalized after skiing accident - May 13, 2011
- Heather Mills 'lied about abuse by Paul McCartney' - Mar 02, 2011
- Heather Mills considering adoption - May 26, 2010
- Nancy Shevell's wedding dress designed by Stella McCartney - Oct 10, 2011
- Heather Mills says Macca chased her for months - Feb 03, 2010
- How Heather Mills tortured her ex-nanny with her diva-like demands - Mar 30, 2010
- Heather Mills celebrates winning legal battle over nanny's bully claims - Jun 05, 2010
- Paul McCartney all set to marry Nancy Shevell - Sep 16, 2011
- Macca, Heather Mills 'bury the hatchet' for daughter's sake - Mar 22, 2010
- Will fit work around caring for daughter: McCartney - Jan 18, 2010
- Heather Mills to sell New York home - Feb 20, 2011
- Paul McCartney quits drugs for daughter - Feb 16, 2012
- Heather Mills' activist daughter irks guests with culinary choices queries - Aug 01, 2009
- Heather Mills gives Macca's new love her 'blessings' - Apr 12, 2009