Ludacris rhymes even in his talk: Akshay KumarSeptember 22nd, 2011 - 3:25 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 22 (IANS) Actor-producer Akshay Kumar says international rapper Ludacris, with whom he collaborated for the song “Shera di kaum Punjabi” for his Indo-Canadian venture “Speedy Singh”, is so passionate about his work that he rhymes when he talks.
“He (Ludacris) is a legend and we all know that. He is one of the best rappers we know. I shot for a full day with him and it was very enjoyable. He is a very down-to-earth person and a great man,” Akshay told reporters.
“When he talks, everything rhymes so well. When he talks, it seems like he is rapping. It is unbelievable to meet a man of his status and I just thank him for coming and doing this song for us,” he added.
The song is a fusion of hip hop and Punjabi, and has been jointly rendered by Ludacris, RDB, Manjit, Nav, Sarb and Nindy Kaur.
The 44-year-old threw a pre-release party Wednesday night at his Mumbai home for “Speedy Singh”, which releases Friday. The cross-cultural hockey drama, directed by Robert Lieberman, features Akshay, Anupam Kher, Vinay Virmani, Russell Peters, Rob Lowe and Camilla Belle - most of whom were present at the party. Other guests included Sonakshi Sinha, Farah Khan, Bipasha Basu, Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia D’Souza.
“Shera di kaum Punjabi” talks about the laurels of the Punjabi community - and Akshay, a Punjabi himself, was in full party mood. He loves the song so much that when a few media persons urged him to sing the number, he was sporting enough to do it with the help of Vinay, who is making his debut with the film.
- 'Speedy Singh', a treat for bhangra, hip hop lovers (IANS Music Review) - Sep 04, 2011
- RDB's Kuly died of brain tumour - May 24, 2012
- Akshay ropes in rapper Ludacris for 'Breakaway' - Oct 30, 2010
- Punjabi family comedy 'Breakaway' to premiere at Toronto - Aug 10, 2011
- 'Speedy Singh' - A cliche-loaded NRI tale (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Sep 24, 2011
- 'Lucky to have Akshay uncle's support' - Sep 20, 2011
- Akshay Kumar Ropes In Hip Hop Sensation Ludacris For The Music Video Of Breakaway - Nov 01, 2010
- 'Break Away' a cross-cultural comedy, Akshay on his first foreign film (Interview) - Sep 21, 2010
- Sony Music signs singer Bohemia - May 29, 2012
- Akshay Kumar Plays Himself To Launch Best Friend’s Son - Oct 28, 2010
- RDB pays tribute to Kuly with special song - Jun 30, 2012
- Akshay to play himself for best friend's son - Oct 24, 2010
- 'Singh Is Kinng' sequel awaiting script: Akshay - Jul 29, 2011
- Salman's Shera shakes a leg for 'Bodyguard' item song - Jul 28, 2011
- Gill launches "Shera" song to celebrate enthusiasm for Commonwealth Games - Sep 09, 2010
Tags: akshay kumar, anupam kher, bipasha basu, camilla belle, canadian venture, earth person, farah khan, genelia, genelia d souza, indo canadian, laurels, media persons, party mood, punjabi community, riteish deshmukh, rob lowe, robert lieberman, russell peters, sarb, virmani