Lucy Liu shies away from facialsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:00 am ICT by admin
“I drink a lot of water, and I’ve never had coffee. I think caffeine can be really bad for your skin. And I don’t get facials, ever,” Contactmusic quoted Liu, as telling InStyle magazine.
“I think they damage your skin. People are getting peels and dermabrasion, and anything with the word ‘abrasion’ doesn’t work for me. I also think a lot of plastic surgery hurts your skin,” she added.
But the actress admitted that she indulges in a little acupuncture, for she believes that it keeps a person healthy.
“It’s preventative medicine. You go in once a month, and you get a little check-up so you’re regulated. It keeps you healthy,” Liu said.
“My parents used to get acupuncture. It has been a part of my culture and my life for a long time, and it really, really works.
“It can help you lose weight, it can help your skin stay young - and I’ve found it helps with jet lag. (Acupuncturists) look at your tongue and will say, ‘Alright, you’re drinking too much,’ or, ‘You’re emotional, aren’t you,” she added. (ANI)
- Botox, facial fillers help old stars to look young - Apr 19, 2011
- How to fight the signs of aging - Jan 05, 2011
- Witherspoon always carries her make-up kit - Mar 07, 2011
- Aniston feels sexy in boyfriend's T-shirt - Feb 08, 2012
- What keeps Kim Kardashian glowing? - Jul 07, 2011
- Cox gives advice to deal with dry skin - Jul 29, 2011
- Mendes glows with meat-free diet - Apr 27, 2012
- In winter, eat right to good skin - Nov 30, 2010
- When Biel feared for life - Jul 29, 2012
- Dieting makes Eva Green depressed - May 04, 2012
- Lopez doesn't prefer facial treatments - May 02, 2011
- 'Jersey Shore' star Snooki woke up in garbage bin after night of drinking - Jan 07, 2011
- 10 do's and don'ts for a healthy, glowing skin - Nov 15, 2010
- Beat the summer - sleep well, eat well for glowing skin - Apr 18, 2012
- Watch what you eat this Diwali! - Oct 22, 2011
Tags: abrasion, acupuncture, acupuncturists, caffeine, charlies angels, contactmusic, dermabrasion, facials, i drink, instyle magazine, jet lag, lot of water, lucy liu, peels, plastic surgery, preventative medicine, say alright, she believes, shies, spa treatments