Lucy Lawless to star in Roman dramaMarch 31st, 2009 - 5:30 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 31 (ANI): Actress Lucy Lawless has signed on to star as a Roman slave owner in a new TV series.
The 41-year-old star, who rose to fame with her role in ‘Xena: Warrior Princess’ has joined the cast of Spider-Man moviemaker Sam Raimi’s new U.S. TV series ‘Spartacus: Blood and Sand’, reports Contactmusic.
According to EW.com, Lawless will be seen playing the role of Lucretia opposite Aussie actor Andy Whitfield.
The show will premiere on U.S. cable channel Starz in January (10). (ANI)
- 'Spartacus: Blood and Sand' causes outrage in US with scenes of Roman orgies - Mar 02, 2010
- TV's 'most sexually explicit series' set for UK screening - Jan 25, 2010
- Lucy Lawless all set to join the cast of Spartacus - Dec 14, 2010
- Spartacus, TV's 'most explicit show', shoots raunchy foursome - Feb 02, 2010
- Lucy Lawless again battling it out in the Spartacus - Jan 27, 2010
- Sam Raimi to make a movie on Wyatt Earp but set in the future - Jul 21, 2010
- Lucy Lawless to go nude for 'Spartacus' - Mar 27, 2010
- 'Spartacus: Season 2' will be sexier, more violent than first - Dec 14, 2010
- David Hasselhoff fancied 'Xena: Warrior Princess' star Lucy Lawless - Jan 09, 2011
- Explicit US TV show casts strippers as extras - Sep 13, 2009
- James Franco to star in 'Wizard of Oz' prequel - Feb 26, 2011
- Nude TV role forced Kiwi star Lucy Lawless to hit the gym - Jul 29, 2009
- Is Robert Pattinson the new Spiderman? - Jan 14, 2010
- "Spartacus Blood And Sand" Season 2 Not To Air Soon - Apr 17, 2010
- Spiderman 4: J.K. Simmons Discloses His Scrapped Character Arc - Jan 22, 2011
Tags: actress lucy, blood and sand, cable channel, ew, lucretia, lucy lawless, new tv, old star, roman drama, roman slave, s tv, sam raimi, sand reports, slave owner, spartacus, spider man, starz, tv series, whitfield, xena warrior princess